Main forum > Competitions

GLBasic Contest 02: 2D Art

<< < (2/7) > >>

SnooPI:
Hemlos is a very very good programmer.

A professional level.

Hemlos:
I'm not a pro, but i have read a few books.
And to give credit where it's due, Gernot was a huge influence on my thirst for math.
I'm looking forward to more entries!

About the program, it was simply really.
It was a benchtest program to show what the function DrawStar() could do.
DrawStar was a brainstorm, as you can see in the remarks of the function showing a progression of the idea.
All the effects, are a result of using several combinations and configurations of this function:

--- Code: (glbasic) ---DrawStar(x%, y%, Color#, NumberOfPoints%, TextureID%, Rotate#, Depth#)
--- End code ---

SnooPI:
You can have a professional level without being a professional.
In fact, I was talking about your work in general, not just this program. For example, your particle engine was really good.
But if you prefer me to say that you are an average programmer, ok no problem  =D  ;)

I will try to do something (I like the concurence friendly). The code of WPShadow is simpler but the optical effect is nice (and according to the rules of the contest, the complexity doesn't matter this time).

Ps : Since I really rediscover the interactions between GLB and C, Gernot is not only for me a very good programmer, but my living god :nw:  :)

Hemlos:

--- Quote from: Snoopy on 2019-Apr-24 ---I will try to do something (I like the concurence friendly). The code of WPShadow is simpler but the optical effect is nice (and according to the rules of the contest, the complexity doesn't matter this time).

--- End quote ---

Sounds good, looking forward to more entries.
I like these contests because it gives access to some cool functions.
The more the merrier!

WPShadow:

--- Quote ---I like these contests because it gives access to some cool functions.
--- End quote ---

That's my idea. Short little codes and everybody can learn something from the different programming styles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version