Quick game - dr.bibber

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Wow 95 minutes, indeed, this is a good example of how good GLB is at prototyping...

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Nov-12My little one is even too scared to play "Crocodile dentist" on the iPhone, so you can imagine what my version will be like ;)

LOL, great age for kids, their innocence is a joy! :-* (I have a 2 and 6 year old girls ;))
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

okee

Actually what'd be wuite cool on the iphone is having to "pinch" the tweezers
to pick something up.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Kitty Hello

Done! Needs sounds now. Time so far: 5 hours. (Wasted one hour to find out, that my AC3D loader does not cover grouped object transformations, yet :( )

The game really works nicely. You can rotate the phone to twist the uhmm.. what-you.have-to-operate-out.

Got a video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53_9n6YzZXs

What name should I pick? The game is called "Operation" or "Dr.Bibber" in Germany/ NL.
-Operation Bibber
-Dr. Shiver
-Bibberation
-???

kaotiklabs

Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

amarliani

Nice work, Gernot! I'd prefer Dr. Shiver as a name for it.

Leginus

Thats look good.  Not sure about your video music though as it is nearly louder than your voice :)

Looking forward to seeing it on the app store

bigsofty

Looks great, will download when its released Gernot!
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

fjsantosb

Very interesting!

There is a lot of time i didn't see any 24h coding or anything similar.

King Regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

Kitty Hello

OK, done. All in all it took about 12 hours, because I had to rewrite a huge portion of the AC3D model loader to run quickly enough on the iPhone.
Here's a video of the final version as it will appear in the App Store (hopefully).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjKTMK1wFQ0
BTW: how can I embed videos?

fjsantosb

Looks really greats!

I wish you luck with your app.

Normally to embed videos i use tags 'youtube' and '/youtube' with id in middle.

Test:

Edit: Its seems that don't work here!

King Regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

trucidare

Wow great :)
add a second version with gore ;)

MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

bigsofty

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Nov-19I had to rewrite a huge portion of the AC3D model loader to run quickly enough on the iPhone.

I've just started to use you excellent AC3D loader library Gernot, any chance of an update to the public one?  :whip:

To enable YouTube embedding, it is usually an option to allow it on your SMF control panel.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

Yes, I'll post the AC3D update soon. It can handle rotated collisions now and is lots faster than before.
The version in the video is quite slow, though. I think the iPhone is bad at coloured triangles. I'll try with a texture. I guess it's much faster.

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hemlos

Gernot,
That game is genious.
Its a maze, and the "Game of operation", mixed.
I think the name "Doctor Mazing" or something like that would be appropriate.(what i would name it anyway, you asked)
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O