Quick game - dr.bibber

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

I started on a Dr.Bibber game just to see how fast I can make this. I'll post some progress for those interested.

30 mins - lot or time spent for thinking about how I want to do the game. I'll go for a bitmap and then some AC3D 2D graphics for the collision detection.

bigsofty

Good luck with that Gernot! ;)

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Nov-10
AC3D 2D graphics for the collision detection.

How can using AC3D help with collision detection?  :S
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

OK, it zooms to the problem already. Hardest part is done.

My AC3D library can load AC2D 2D models and perform collision detection, too.

I think about rotating the stuff, so I might need a rotozoom_col function (which was requested previously, IIRC)...

Ian Price

Is this like Operation? How on earth can you reproduce the unsteady hand feature of the real game? Random movement of an onscreen cursor would be unfair.

I'll be interested to see the end result :)
I came. I saw. I played.

matchy

Operation is cool.  :P Is that classified as a "board" game and is it for the comp?

codegit

LOL.....interesting!!  8)
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

Yes, it's called "Operation!" in the UK. The shaking of the hand comes from too much alc, mine is steady :P

I plan to make it an iPhone product, where you have to rotate the phone to rotate the object, and move with the finger. I'll see how it turns out.

Leginus

mmm this is the game that i am doing for the competition.  I guess I had better make sure I do a very good job  =D

Kitty Hello

I'm not doing the compo. Also my version will surely differ a lot from yours. There's a lot of freedom in the implementation.

Leginus

Well i must admit i look forward to seeing an iphone version, and it would definitely be something I would play. 

Kitty Hello

OK, tweezers' in. Gameplay is fully there (I might add a "cut-scene" :D later...).

Time so far: 95 min.

Leginus

MrTAToad

Dont forget to add plenty of blood and perhaps a few screams as well...  :P

mykyl66

Excellent to see. Proof again of the speed of GlBasic.... in the right hands. :)

Mike R

Kitty Hello

No screams and blood. My girls are 8 and 4 and I want to play with them. (That's the main reason why I write games ATM).
My little one is even too scared to play "Crocodile dentist" on the iPhone, so you can imagine what my version will be like ;)