Course about videogames Free in Coursera (Wiskonsy University)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

HI guys I leave you this nottice, because I stay in this course, I think doens't about maths codes , it's more things like how think in develop a game, and how make strategies for sell (I'm not sure 100%, I don't read too much about it)
https://class.coursera.org/videogameslearning-001/class/index

The good thing about this courses, you don't need a lot of time of your day or week, (a paper says something you do, for me this equal), but it's free and sure you can learn something new, and it's from a University not a provate school like in my country , them are appearing under the rocks... (equal in the past with infoarchitecture)

erico

That is great, I believe you are talking about this right?

https://www.coursera.org/course/videogameslearning

That is amongst the best USA universities there is.

You know what is really funny? I have just been in contact with them on an attempt to try an MFa in cinema or games or something like that.
I guess we are all mind-connected here :D :good:

Thanks for that news Mental, that is awesome and could help approach the staff/professors on a different front.

mentalthink

Whats it's MFa (I suppose this it's the Master in something?¿ Fa?¿ )

Yes it's nice for know intersting people, always a teacher and more if it's from a faculty have to be a intersitng and clever guy/woman... I knew some months a Autodesk Chef of 3ds max or Autocad. I'm not sure what soft it's developing, and it¡s a relly cool guy...

If you want the couse it's in coursera it's about the library tree.js, it's a very advanced opengl very very faster 3d in the browser for Html5, but he explains a lot of things about shadows, maths for vector cross products, and internally how works 3d soft, it's really intersting course... in my country this it's impossibe to find, perhaps in the university you can learn about graphics, I think yes, but something so specific?¿...

erico

The MFa stands for Masters in Fine Arts, it is an academic degree more dedicated to practice and action instead of science, research and paper work.

I understand you may not know about cause I believe Spain got rid of this degree a long time ago (masters degree).
It seems to be a tendency on the academic world, masters are going down while doctorade and post-doctor degrees are becoming more usual.

You usually have 3 lines of official academic studies: science, art and technical. Brasil suks and only has the science part.

The top art degree is masters but you have some phd in art going on some countries.

I really believe the UWm carries strong potential, that course you stated is a good thing.
I will have to check it deeper.

r0ber7

erico

r0ber7

I'm especially interested in Week Two – Game Design for Learning?

mentalthink

Don't care too much rober7 for weeks, exams and this things, I did some courses in coursera, about Maths, physics and this things for complement with GLBasic, and of you don't  make a good exams, don't care this guys don't leave out, each course it's different but normally doens't something complex to arrive at the fininsh...

erico

aaaand there I am, posted a video on the first assignment, not many of the millions did so unfortunantly.
I better link it here before I start getting s**t load of people making fun of it. It is a better experience here then with my local friends :D

It is horrible to give away self video :sick:

Try not to laugh too hard please and be kind and respond "it looks ok erico, I can almost understand that engrish of yours!" :D :D

I hope next time I get to work with a more GLB game instead of general stuff. :good:

mentalthink

I begin yesterday the Course but really for me it's complex understand the english of the 2 guys, the woman and the man... my brain practically burns for the speed they speak... I try to continue if I can...

Nice to put face to you Erico, I leave my "ear ring" someyears ago , now I'm a Macho Macho Man  =D =D =D.

We see you in the Course, Erico and r0ber7  :good: :good: :booze:

erico

Nhéé don´t bother the speed they talk, just watch it over a few times. I did it myself you know, all that german accent into english makes it harder then portunhinglish :D

Yep, putting face is just horrible, but what do I have to loose on that front? ...here hoping none of my work relationship ever gets to see that :O
The ear ring is a sort of rose crux thing from my parents  :P so I guess(hope) that it is SUPER ETERNAL MACHO!

Now, to be a real macho man you have to post a video!  =D
Come on, let´s do it, we can also get to talk about GLB games on the way, it should only do good!
You too r0bert, let´s gang this up, hehe!

But seriously, it is an interesting subject, my mom is an art educator and we got to talk a lot about these issues in the past, really interesting stuff.
The staff there is doing a good job.