Android Extras (Micro Game Consoles/GPS/Keyboard/Audio)

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

finally im got KitKat fullscreen working. But its a odd way Google have want it to implement it. Im wonder why they diddent added a fullscreen icon to the task bar, which would allow all apps to been fullscreen, rather you need to doing that your self?

Also its a odd method im need to do that, because its seen its required to been done in OnResume() when working with SDL. This also means its would do that automatic after the update. Im will update soon when im have time to do that. Api-19 is NOT required, because im only used a constant, so im just used the value its want (APi-18 is still required).

Also its is NOT possible to call it from glbasic code, due this will just crash JVM instead. So its the only way  to do that, which is in OnResume(). Odd.

Its also possible to do fullscreen in Jelly Bean, but choice not to do that, because its was only desinged for media players, not games.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

S.O.P.M.

Since when does an GLBasic app doesn't have fullscreen under Android? I really don't get it. I still have the AE version which had to set up manually. I hestitate to get the latest update because I'm happy everything works now :S
Notebook PC Samsung E372 Core i5 @ 2,6 GHz; 4 GB RAM; Win 7 Home Premium

spacefractal

in Jelly Bean, fullscreen is impossible. That due the annoying navigations bar, which is sometimes on the bottoms, sometimes it can been placed on the right. If its on the right side, its can been highly impact in the game control, and is quite annoying (im even got feedback for that).

in KitKat, its finally possible again, but a strange way, but its works fine. Its due Google should have done that automatic from a fullscreen button, instead code that manually (its really just a flag im set to the view, when the window is resumed).

Also the next update is just a minor update, property call it 2.3.2.

Also im will property add this KitKat only feature to been added to the strings.xml, if you wont have the KitKat fullscreen. Its easy to that, due not all apps require it eventuelly.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

So, If I understand correctly, you can send a 320x240 game to kitkat and it will fullscreen automatically?
Gosh, I just wished all androids were like that, what a mess of ramified system versions.

Great work on that update Space, I just updated Karma Miwa, but I don´t have kitkat yet and they will probably never release it for note II, only cyanogen mod way of course.

spacefractal

Yes android is Quite fragmented when you compare to ios, which you only have a handfull resolutions to support, all full screen.

Full screen is automatic set for Kitkat, when the intent is resumed. Howover I'm might add a option to that one. Not all needs this one.

You can do that for jelly bean too, but not useable for games sadly.

Ps. As you gussed it, I'm recentely brought a Kitkat tablet, but just a cheap one.

S.O.P.M.

I've Jelly Bean and there's no menu bar because my phone has hardware menu buttons. So my app is displayed full screen but I can confirm, on the phone from a friend there's the annoying soft menu bar. However, it's fantastic, that you care about all this matter here. AE is a worthy addition to GLBasic.
Notebook PC Samsung E372 Core i5 @ 2,6 GHz; 4 GB RAM; Win 7 Home Premium

spacefractal

Im have those navigation on all my Android Tables (im have 3). So you need to make sure the game dosent intefere with those navgiation bars (hence there exists about 117 resolutions for the surface used. They are not returned to the game. Im cannot set fullscreen in Jelly Bean, even its possible, so its a KitKat exclusive feature. Soon you touch on the screen, its revert back again.....

spicypixel

I'm just implementing IAP in Google Play and in code.

In my code loop I have these commands.
Code (glbasic) Select

InAppPurchase_Update()
LOCAL purchasecode1 = InAppPurchase_isAvailable("internal.premium")
LOCAL purchasecode2 = InAppPurchase_isAvailable("com.spicypixel.fishyfingers")
PV_CPRINT ("int: " + purchasecode1, 1100, 1)
PV_CPRINT ("ext: " + purchasecode2, 1150, 1)

My config for AE is like this
Code (glbasic) Select

GLOBAL INAPP_NR_OF_ITEMS = 11     // 11 IAP items although I have only submitted one managed product so far in Google Console.
GLOBAL INAPP_DEVKEY = randomnumberhere!!!

FUNCTION InAppConfig_SkuNames$: iID$, store$

// check name for "The Premium Key"

IF iID$="0" OR iID$="internal.premium" // this might not been required for your game with multiply names. numbers ID is requireed too.
IF store$="general" THEN RETURN "internal.premium"   // This is the shared name for all platforms, can been used as ingame item
IF store$="apple.appstore.ios" THEN RETURN ""  // SKU name for Apple iOS, that one you set in the plist and in Itunes Connect.
IF store$="com.ouya.shop"      THEN RETURN ""  // the SKU name for the OUYA Store.
IF store$="com.google.play"    THEN RETURN "com.spicypixel.fishyfingers" // the SKU name for Google Play.
IF store$="microsoft.windows"  THEN RETURN ""  // SKU name for windows (internal, you should save it locally, not done here).
IF store$="com.samsung.apps"   THEN RETURN ""  // The Inapp Item Number
ENDIF

RETURN iID$

ENDFUNCTION

I must admit I have no idea how to check whether each item has been purchased within my code. The GLBStore project only has some DEFINES and no example IAP usage????

Having completed the GooglePlay bit and although unpublished, the draft has the correct com.spicypixel.fishyfingers in there and a single added managed product. However when I run the code on my android device the 2 CVPRINT statements in my shop loop show 0 for both ext and int. Which is exactly what they showed when I hadn't setup my IAP on GooglePlay.

I'm confused!
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

spacefractal

First perform a InAppPurchase_Update() soon as possible in your init(). This is to init the shop and checking out items and keys. Its take a little time to init that, since its asyncron, so your code is countinue to run and dosent wait that shop init to been fininsed.

you also should change INAPP_DEVKEY variable to a include any random number if your own choice. If the number is 0, then the activate function allways returns 0. Also InAppPurchase_isAvailable() should returns a hashed varlues other than 0, one for a purchased item, one when its is not purchased, but that first happens after you change INAPP_DEVKEY.

You also needs in the InAppConfig_PublicKeys$() adds your Google Play Public Key (in the line com.google.play). Its a quite very very long string. For the other shops not used, put something random on it. Its should not been empty.

Am also guess your app name is com.spicypixel.fishyfingers? if yes, you should change the sku to something like com.spicypixel.fishyfingers.premium. Otherwice its might confuction the Storekit.

Also after the above change, its should show up in the Logcat. So please output that.

PS. Dont set INAPP_NR_OF_ITEMS on more curent items at all. Its might confuction the setup as well, so better change it to the current number of items.

spicypixel

Everything you suggested I have now done and the EXT and INT print statements both show 0. I tried running the _logview.bat file and it said no connected devices. However I don't use ADB I use USB and transfer my APK each time. I'm not sure what it should be printing or how I determine which IAP item has been purchased but I'm presuming the values shouldn't continually be zero.

Still confused, and don't know what to do?

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

spacefractal

You should clearly get adb working, so you can uses logcat. Then its would output what that is wrong, so its much easier to find issues. Its would tell if something was missing and what that is wrong.

Something is sill not setup correct in inapp_config.gbas, since the returned value for internal.premium should been something hashed value on a not purchased item (its can been a any value, other than 0). You can eventuelly PM your config file.

Checkout if you added the <uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" /> permission. If you not do that, then init will fails and no shops would been detected, and hence its might allways returns 0. You can check if the init have been corrected inited by checking INAPP_STORE$ variable. Its should contain the shop name after the first InAppPurchase_Update()

spicypixel

Got ADB sorted and ran log_view.bat whilst my app started until it closed. Only managed to capture a portion of the text, is this what you need.

Code (glbasic) Select

I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: IAB helper created.
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Starting in-app billing setup.
I/glbasic (26984): com.google.play 7
I/glbasic (26984): [GLB]->AppStore Name: com.google.play
I/SDL     (26984): [STUB] GL_SetSwapInterval
I/glbasic (26984): Rbow::SetScreen( 1080,1776)
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Billing service connected.
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Checking for in-app billing 3 support.
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: In-app billing version 3 supported for com.spicypi
xel.fishyfingers
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Subscriptions AVAILABLE.
I/glbasic (26984): startSetup ok
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Querying owned items, item type: inapp
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Package name: com.spicypixel.fishyfingers
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Calling getPurchases with continuation token: null

I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Owned items response: 0
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Continuation token: null
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Querying SKU details.
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Querying owned items, item type: subs
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Package name: com.spicypixel.fishyfingers
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Calling getPurchases with continuation token: null

I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Owned items response: 0
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Continuation token: null
I/glbasic (26984): IABHELPER: Querying SKU details.
I/glbasic (26984): Price start
I/glbasic (26984): Price Success
I/glbasic (26984): playMusic()
I/glbasic (26984): playMusic() started
I/glbasic (26984): Creating new mediaPlayer...
I/glbasic (26984): Setting datasource : /data/data/com.spicypixel.fishyfingers/f
iles/Media/fishyfingers.mp3 volume: 0.6
I/glbasic (26984): Preparing mediaPlayer...
I/glbasic (26984): Starting music...
I/glbasic (26984): [GLB]->Result:
I/glbasic (26984): [GLB]->InAppPurchase_isAvailable()com.spicypixel.fishyfingers
.premium
I/glbasic (26984): [GLB]->InAppPurchase_isAvailable()com.spicypixel.fishyfingers

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

.premium

I/glbasic (26984): Shut down GLB
I/SDL     (26984): [STUB] GL_DeleteContext
I/glbasic (26984): glb is shut down

spacefractal

look like something is wrong in InAppConfig_SkuNames$() and/or SKU is not correctly config in Google Play console, so names cant been found.

Its seen its have not found any sku at all from the Google Play, so its have no items found, then you will allways get a 0.

When sku is correctly setup (which is the hard part to setup), then IAPHELPER in the logcat will spitout price and details of it, just after Querying SKU details.

dont uses sku name like com.spicypixel.fishyfingers, which is your package name, but instead uses something like com.spicypixel.fishyfingers.premium and make sure its active in Google Play (even you have not released your app).

Also you cant purchase from your own account, but you should still see price and details of a sku in the app.

spacefractal

im forget to update 2.3 to 2.3.2, but im will do in this week, with fullscreen support (EDIT: for KitKat only). Im will howover look on the battery permission thing first (so its can been removed if not used).

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.