Android, the worst market?

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Feb-23
I've had very few reviews, despite tens of thousands of downloads of free and commercial stuff. I really don't understand it sometimes - newer stuff sometimes gets hundreds. The most I've had for any product is 24.
It is very odd.  I think when I get my next Android game out, I might see if I can stump up some money for advertising...

dreamerman

The issue of earnings and popularity of the games in various markets appears in several topics but I think that this will be the best for further discussion ..
What amazes me is very small number of downloads games for Android Market, not everyone wrote about their results but in general it's hard to stand out. Have you tried some form of advertising? I don't mean 'normal' campaigns in the advertising networks but even some cheap campaigns in the various accounts on facebook, such services can be purchased on auction sites.
Or maybe actually, people do not want to pay for little games and easier would be to make money from ads in games.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrTAToad

That could be an idea - have 2/3 versions - demo, a version with adverts but free, and a paid one with no adverts.

I think quite a few do that already.