INPUT magazine

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Some days ago I showed that coco 2 chr$ karateka mockup to Jim Gerrie who is much into mc-10 hardware and coding.
That said computer has similar chips to trs80-color. He did a full game out of it.
I´m marveled, the chr$ is moving faster than I thought possible.
Check it out:

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Yep, I´m amazed and feel like doing a GLB version...maybe as soon as I get rid of heavy work here.

Ian Price

I'd happily help with that if you need it :)

I did a remake of StreetFighter II in Div many years ago, so a fighting game is no problem.
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

game would been outdated if its was a C64 game  =D. Im just kidding, since its was newer been a c64 game anyway.

Im do really like that blocky style. That kind of style of a game could been really fun to do using the CatchOut engine, which could suit it really nice and cool. The resolution used in CatchOut seens to been near the same (without the charset of course).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Thanks guys, thanks for the offer Ian, I´m still deep into stuff here with all the rubbish political/economic situation brazil currently has...:(

But hey, I was talking with the people on the MC_10 club about the very first game I did on the COCO and Jim just knocked out a 10 line version this afternoon, I´m superbly impressed. He is really skilled into it. Here the video, it will be on the NAMAM-10line contest.

Here a link for the contest:
http://gkanold.wix.com/homeputerium

MrPlow

Wow!! I love this!

Great job - you should tweet it to Jordan Mechner...

I've read both of his Karateka and PoP books, I know he would love that Low-Fi Karateka :)
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

MrPlow

Ah, just realised I missed the deadline for the Basic 10 line comp...time got away from me...
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs