noteslate

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

this gadget looks soo great, and 99 dolars seems so cool of a price (perfect would be 50).
http://www.noteslate.com/
what do you guys think?

Ian Price

Isn't an actual pen and actual paper just a tad cheaper? :P
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

a lot cheaper, but virtualized eternal amount of paper and ink would be nice (no cut trees),
should be good for storyboarding, planning design skeatches and so on.

I think most tablets will end up having this functionality, but this one is charming...
...pen looks like a pencil, I would like to give a try.

Ian Price

Quotevirtualized eternal amount of paper and ink would be nice (no cut trees),
The environment is harmed more by the creation of tech like this than low-brow paper and pencil.

Think of the energy and elements required to form the shell, pcb, battery, screen etc. etc. That'll seriously do more harm to the environment than chopping down a tree in a managed and sustained forest.

But yeah, it looks good...
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

can you share the images with this or print maybe ?

Ian Price

It's got a USB port and WI-FI, so I presume that you can save your work. It would be silly not to be able to really.
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

yap better as this

erico

Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Mar-01

Think of the energy and elements required to form the shell, pcb, battery, screen etc. etc. That'll seriously do more harm to the environment than chopping down a tree in a managed and sustained forest.

I agree,
I just hope my future ipad will have such a functionality, I believe so.
I love sketching (and 1 bit images), actually, I can't write correctly, I always draw it all, takes me ages to write something good.
This would come handy. I have a wacom tablet, but no cash for a cintiq yet hehe

erico

Quote from: Marmor on 2011-Mar-01
yap better as this

I remember the toy, looking at the image though I think it would take someone eons to draw it... :D

Marmor

yap etch a sketch wars fine

but i mean an artist will love this 1 bit thingy because u can paint everytime and everywhere !
and show us some sketches erico !!

bigsofty

I love the basic look of the Noteslate, its minimalist design really appeals to me!

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Not much good for games though...

erico

Quote from: Marmor on 2011-Mar-02
and show us some sketches erico !!

I can sketch but that does not mean I'm good into it hehe. I usually fast draw what I need in a way only I can understand it later, quite surreal, sometimes after a month even I can't understand it. you get some idea from storyboard on my home page, look into bruxas atacam pescador animated movie and you have a guess...and those are the quite good ones!

ps...sorry no michael this time

erico

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-Mar-03
Not much good for games thiygh...

disagree, I have designed tons of paper only + paper cut games with my brother when kids.
One of them I sure must get into an ipad.

it would run on this device without any code ...  :x