Enhancement requests - dropdowns and custom scrollbars

Previous topic - Next topic

FutureCow

1) Enhancement request 1 - pulldown/dropdown box
I would love to see a pulldown box (also known as a drop down box or drop down menu). It may already exist, but I can't find it.
Can someone with more (i.e. any! :D ) experience in DDGui tell me if it would take much to implement? Without it (as pulldowns are critical for my board game project) I'll just keep hacking at my own (much simpler and cut down than DD-Gui!) GUI.

2) Enhancement request 2 - Custom scrollbars.
I have a need in my project to be able to scroll an image. It would be good if you could define your own area to scroll so you could paste a big image in and it would automatically get scrollbars that scroll it without the need to write much code. This feature may already exist if I create a huge image inside a small dialog, I've only been looking at DDGui for 5 minutes so far  =D Again, pointers anyone?

Kitty Hello

The problem is, that ... overlays are not that easy to implement.
Hm.. but that would be a really, really cool feature. Something like "floating" widgets, that you can position anywhere above the normal widgets.
I think about it, because it would really rock.

FutureCow

Pulldowns would be a better place to spend any effort I think - they're a standard GUI feature whereas the other is more a custom thing.

Kitty Hello

If I have overlays, I can do pulldowns. If I don't have them I won't have pulldowns

Schranz0r

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2009-Dec-16
If I have overlays, I can do pulldowns. If I don't have them I won't have pulldowns

that's logic! :D

:booze:
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrTAToad

Another useful thing would be able to limit the number of characters allowed in DDgui_text, and to perhaps to limit what keys are allowed (for example : TAB, RETURN etc).

Kitty Hello

I'll implement a PROTOTYPE feature for all widgets that allow customization for all that stuff.