GP2X sold on Think Geek now.

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

That's a Wiz and not just a standard GP2X. GP2X has been discontinued, so nowhere is selling new ones once stocks run dry.

The Wiz is much, much nicer anyway :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Hatonastick

Yeah I know.  Sorry mate I got a bit lazy while typing the title/subject line in. :whistle:

Ian Price

"GP2X Wiz" is a bit more than a mouthful, isn't it. Stupid name. Nice machine. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Hatonastick

Well certainly looks easier to develop for than the iPhone.  Any market there for commercial indie games though or only for freeware stuff?  Pity they don't have an online store like the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Ian Price

Actually, there is (or will be). The Wiz app store is expected to open around Christmas. Competition will be less fierce, but potential returns less, due to the fewer numbers of Wiz's out there (now and in the future).

Of course there's no reason why you couldn;t produce a commercial game for Wiz and sell it via your own website or some other source, like ShareIt etc. People are willing pay for software that they feel will be of use to them, even though the majority at the moment is freeware.
I came. I saw. I played.

Hatonastick

Nah I think I'd rather release a freeware version for the Wiz and sell the iPhone/iPod version -- if Apple itself is going to sell me OS updates to my iPod just to wring more money out of me (and lots of other interesting MS-like strategies), Id rather charge all the other chumps who were suckered into buying one of these devices like me for the games I'm working on. :good:  The Wiz and it's games must be made by nicer people for nicer people who aren't going to rip out your body parts while you are asleep and sell them on the black market.  Course the end result will probably be that I make no money what-so-ever either way, but hey at least I tried.  =D

Ian Price

Indeed :)

And it's something I'm very tempted to try too :D
I came. I saw. I played.