So who's using GLBasic to do their entry in the Retro Remakes comp?

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatonastick

I'm hoping there will be a few from here entering!

Sebastian

Problem is: I'm preparing everything to make the switch from Windows to Linux. Not much time for coding right now  :whistle:

FutureCow

I entered with b3d, but now that I have GLBasic I'm using it for remakes.

Kitty Hello

FutureCow

What do you mean Gernot? Why do you class yours as a failure?

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

It's not a "game". It's a game editor.
And, there's a lot of really good games this year.
I should have started a lot earlier and include a good sample game.

Hatonastick

Who cares?  It's pretty neat Gernot.  Be content in the fact that you did a good job mate (you are talking about your SEUCK remake right?); just as you continue to do a good job on GLBasic itself.  When/if I ever return to programming, GLBasic is still my package of choice no matter how many I own.

Ian Price

The competition wasn't just about games. A game creation system can be even more enjoyable to play around with than other games, or the games that you actually create. I had more fun creating games with the original SEUCK than I did playing the end results. I also spent more hours than I should have using BoulderDash Construction Kit (although I played the games for far too long too ;))
I came. I saw. I played.

FutureCow

Quote from: Ian Price on 2009-Jan-21
I had more fun creating games with the original SEUCK than I did playing the end results. I also spent more hours than I should have using BoulderDash Construction Kit (although I played the games for far too long too ;))

I couldn't have said it better myself Ian - my thoughts exactly!

Kitty Hello

"Sonic-activated-fox-in-a-bag-a-go-go" is all I say ;)

Hatonastick

Quote from: Ian Price on 2009-Jan-21
The competition wasn't just about games. A game creation system can be even more enjoyable to play around with than other games, or the games that you actually create. I had more fun creating games with the original SEUCK than I did playing the end results. I also spent more hours than I should have using BoulderDash Construction Kit (although I played the games for far too long too ;))

I agree!