Missing project platform configurations

Previous topic - Next topic

retrogren

Hi guys,

So I've recently picked up a GLBasic project I started years ago.

It started as a windows game, but I also wanted the option of building for Linux/Open Pandora, so I started looking at how to do that today.
Unfortunately I appear to have failed at the first hurdle - in my Project options menu (latest Editor version 14.371 running under Windows 10), there are only drop down Platform Configurations for Win32 and Win32-dll.

I'm using the "paid-for" premium version of GLBasic; am I missing a key setup option to enable this functionality?

Thanks,
Gren.

Ian Price

You need to download each platform. See here (under "Platforms") - http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?lang=en&mobile=0&site=download

Or go directly to the individual platoforms here - http://www.glbasic.com/platform/v14/

Each platform needs to be placed in your "GLBasic/compiler/platform" directory.

Linux and Pandora are still supported and work well - I use both. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

retrogren

Wow - as simple as that!!     
Thanks Ian.    I'll give that a go this afternoon  :)

BTW - are you iPrice from the Pyra-handheld boards?   
I've got my Pyra on pre-pre-order.....so now I have some free time, I'm hoping that in future I can also target builds for Pyra as well as Open Pandora :D

Ian Price

Yep, that's me :D

I have a Pyra on pre-order too :)
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Is the pandora compilation on the latest version working all fine?

Ian Price

Worked fine for me a couple of weeks ago.

Be aware though that there are some additional steps required to get a proper .PND file that's accepted on the Pandora Repo. What GLB spits out can be used, but not distributed on the Repo. GLB also spits out 2 .PND files. You need the one labelled  ".pnd.exe" IIRC.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Yes I recall you once told me about that, we tried running an avocado pandora compile without success,
I guess it was related to the virtual screen use maybe?

Anyways, I´d like to try to compile the moon patrol game for the pandora, hopefully it will work out fine.
I might pester you with a few questions and maybe to test it for me, if you have some time.
I should be able to do so later this next week.

Ian Price

No worries - I'd be happy to help. I'm on really odd shifts this week (including nights), so there might be periods where I'm not available, but I'll get back to you when I can.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Thanks Ian, I´m quite busted too around here. We can make it in our time. :good: