Windows on an old-ish MacBook

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnus

Hi all,

I tried running parallels on my MacBook (so I can use GLB) but the Mac is too old- anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers, Shawn

hardyx

Parallels is for Intel Macs, I think you can try VirtualBox or QEMU if available for Mac. QEMU can emulate the cpu too, but is very slow.

okee

How old is your macbook. what version ?
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

mentalthink

Intel Parallel Desktops, PPC, I think VmWare runs!!! , I read here!

I found this, but I never try it!!!
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6078/virtual-pc

hardyx

If you have and old Mac (PPC) you can use VirtualPC or Q emulator wich emulates de intel cpu. You need a lot of RAM memory. If you have an Intel Mac you can "virtualize" with VirtualBox wich is faster, or you can install Windows with Bootcamp.

shawnus

okee- its about 5 years old (sorry I just picked this up this morning & have not had time to check)- thanks for all your replies, it might be easier just to get a new MacBook Pro to be honest.
Cheers, Shawn

okee

If it's an intel macbook you could install windows through bootcamp.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

shawnus

yes bootcamp looks pretty good- Ill try that, thanks.

hardyx

But you must to see the processor that uses if it's Intel or PowerPC. In MacOSX you can see this in the "Apple" upper left menu > "About this Mac".