Problem with SETSHOEBOX

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyo

Hi Guys,
I have a problem with my Media Folder!

My Media folders it's to big to put it inside the app (105 MB).

If I leave the Media folder, inside the app, the game does not install and crashes!

But with external Media Folder the game start fine, but  appear all images in the gallery in Android phone (over 1.000 images, it's horrible  >:D)

I use SHOEBOX, for hide all Image files on Android phone, but in my Zopo ZP 900 it works well, but in my Samsung Note 4 the App crash (don't start).

Why?

I use for test the same APK and the same data.sbx!

MrTAToad

It sounds like the device is running out of memory during the decompression process.  I dont know whether all files are decompressed and then loaded or whether its just the required file.

Kyo

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2015-Sep-08
It sounds like the device is running out of memory during the decompression process.  I dont know whether all files are decompressed and then loaded or whether its just the required file.

But in Galaxy S3, in Galaxy Tab 10 and other device work fine ... In Note 4 don't work ....
It's possible that the problem i 64 bit system????

No solution ...????

MrTAToad

It could also be due to the fact that its an external file.  Are you sure your media file is too big to be added to the apk ?

Ian Price

Have you read the info here - http://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files.html

Maybe your non-working machine is not downloading the extras? Or maybe it's not looking in the right place for them (path issue?) Why it works on one device and not another I have no idea. Does the non-working machine have enough RAM or space on the SD card?
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

im should take a look into this issue. Also shoebox is not a proctection and is easy to been extracted.

On Android. The shoebox file from APK needs to been copied into the internal memory, and then again extracted the file required. So here showbox is the way using with the expansion files, but im cant do that without a real project.

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

I read yours answers and thank you to all .... but:

1) If I start the game without the Data.sbx the game start fine but without the gfx, music and sfx
2) If I put again the Data.Sbx the game crash (the problem it's the read of SBX)
3) The Data.sbx it's the same that I use in other android smartphone (work also on pc and Mac)
4) With compress PNG, the Data.sbx it's 80 MB, if I leave the files inside the app, the installation of app the app ilast for a very long time and at the end the game don't work

On play store there are games that are great over 1GB that install in few seconds and work perfectly!

For external OBB i don't know if the limit it's 50MB (i see game with external OBB over 100MB), but  my game download the external pack from my FTP directly on Download folder!

Sorry for my english!  :nw:

Kitty Hello

Can you get the console output somehow?

Kyo

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2015-Sep-09
Can you get the console output somehow?

Hi Kitty,
the error it's only on Galaxy Note 4, on PC, Mac and other device (32 Bit) work fine ..
how do I make a console output on smartphones?  :S

MrTAToad

You would need to install a log viewer on the offending Android machine, let it start before the program runs and then stop it at the end.  At which point you can post it here.

Kyo

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2015-Sep-09
You would need to install a log viewer on the offending Android machine, let it start before the program runs and then stop it at the end.  At which point you can post it here.

Where can I find the log viewer? PlayStore??? Name of App???

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I download aLogCat and this is the result:

You want the .txt file?

Kyo

Kitty Hello

Does not make sense to me. Do you own that device? Could you run the debug version?

Kyo

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2015-Sep-11
Does not make sense to me. Do you own that device? Could you run the debug version?

Yes it's mine.
OK now I test with Debug version ... Wait!

--------------------------------------------------

Ok tested in Debug mode ....

spacefractal

im cannot see where its actuelly crash, other than its a display issue im have not seen before.

So you must try to connect this problem device to your pc using the USB cable, and start start _logview.bat from this folder:
Compiler\platform\android\bin

Here its will also logout the internal log, what its trying to do, when you run the app.

Also there was a a another minor issue with the BLUETOOTH permission issue, which is fixed in a recent Android Extras release.

PS. Which device and android system is it on?

PPS. Shoebox is not a protection at all. Its might have crashed why its copied the big file to the internal memory. Using a big shoebox file inside a APK is not a good idea at all!
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/