Android company name

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Instead of allowing the user to start Android compiling if there is no (or possibly even an invalid company name), and thus coming up against :

QuoteQ:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:580: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:602: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

It might be an idea to pop up an error message and prevent compiling.

It might even be an idea to do it no matter what platform the program is being compiled for...

spacefractal

I seen the issue on the gl basic forum. Im 100% agree, this error can been very confuction, but I do guess its a easy fix from IDE. All its need is checking there exist company info, and yes, its could perform the check on iOS as well and other platforms that require it.

But general its could do taht for all platforms to make sure company cant been empty by a simple check.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

I added a check against the numbers and illegal characters now.
When you start a new project, the company name should not be empty, but say "yourcompany".