Roll'n'Fall - waiting for review!!

Previous topic - Next topic

ampos

The update takes the same time as a new one, or even more... mine take 8 days for the update review.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

blackway

That's a lot for a update!!!
Hope will be available soon :(

Kitty Hello

Hi,

it's a really great game. Here's my "review".

[to improve]
I start with them and end with what I like, so it has a better after-taste.
-Some levels are too hard or can only be done by great luck.
-The game runs too fast IMO. It's not really a logical game, it's putting me in a very stressed condition. (I'm a bad gamer, mind)
-a slight feedback when you press a button might be nice. It feels so "rigid" - very minor thing, though.
-a jump-button might be easier to press than the up-slide. There's a slight delay when you have to slide.

[what's ace]
-the graphics. Really nice. I wish I could draw half as that.
-it's very smooth on my iPhone. No idea about 3G/iTouch 1G
-the cut scenes. They make this game a real gem and keep you coming back to play some more. I really must remember that for my future games.
-the music. Very cheerfully.

I'm so happy that there's now so many really great games on the App Store made with GLBasic. This one, definitely is one of the top 3 gems.

DO UPDATE THE TEXT for the app store to yield, that you deled with the memory problem and wait for review!! The text updates within a few hours!

blackway

Hello Kitty, thanks for your review!!

You are right about all the things that you think that must be improved ....
In the update (that is in review  :rant:) I slowdown the scroll and I move a few enemies to other places to make it easier (in the firsts levels).  To be honest is very difficult to me to find the perfect balance between easy and hard to play, that's why I need your  feedback !  :good:

About Jump button....I can't find a solution for this, because in the higher levels you must tap over screen to break blocks or move switches to change rollers's direction that are on the floor...

About the interface (menu, buttons) It's the less worked part in the game..... I need to work more in this part ! :whip:

Great that you really like the graphics, The graphics was hand made by my wife and digital painted later !  (Sierra online anyone?  :P)

I will take your advice about the description in App store !!!!

Thanks again for your support !!
GLbasic is a powerfull language!

blackway

Hi to all!
I uploaded (and Apple approved it) a new update ! (Roll'n'Fall v.1.3) and I like to know your feedback about the game!
I added difficulty levels! (Easy-Hard) and others cool features!  8)
If anyone wants to play it and don't wants to spend a buck please send me a PM (I still have a few promo codes).
Thanks!
Link to Itunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rollnfall/id397681449?mt=8

erico

I would like to give it a go, but don't own an ipad/phone yet...
plans for a pc version? if so my email is available on the profile and portfolio, could I give a try? :whistle:

Kitty Hello

blackway

Quote from: erico on 2010-Dec-16
I would like to give it a go, but don't own an ipad/phone yet...
plans for a pc version? if so my email is available on the profile and portfolio, could I give a try? :whistle:
Hi Erico, how are you?
I can compile the game for Windows if you want to try it !.  Maybe you'll fight a bit with the mouse (you must use it like it was your finger)...
Give me a few days and I send it to you!
Maybe you enjoy the game and we can do together a new version with gorgeous graphics!  ;)
Cheers!

erico

nice!
I have a tablet, might be easier then the mouse to work it out hehe.

mentalthink

Hi Black Way, yestardy late nigth I download the litle version, is very cool, and is very funny the graphics and sound. Good Luck on Appstore, but I think you don´t need.

Kind Regards,
Iván J. (Now--- www.thinkCloud.es)

blackway

Quote from: mentalthink on 2010-Dec-20
Hi Black Way, yestardy late nigth I download the litle version, is very cool, and is very funny the graphics and sound. Good Luck on Appstore, but I think you don´t need.

Kind Regards,
Iván J. (Now--- www.thinkCloud.es)

Thanks Iván!
the full version is free to download today and tomorrow , you can get it if you want !
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rollnfall/id397681449?mt=8

About luck.... I need a house full of that !!
The sales are very bad !!! :'(

Kitty Hello

Really!? The game is so great!

Do this:
-DON'T MAKE IT FREE. People download just to give bad reviews!
-make a video on youtube
-post about this game in the forum of toucharcade.com
-keep that thear alive, by saing: "The first 5 people to reach level xxx and PM me will get.. (a free code for another game?)

The game really is great. It's a shame it doesn't sale.

blackway

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Dec-20
Really!? The game is so great!

Do this:
-DON'T MAKE IT FREE. People download just to give bad reviews!
-make a video on youtube
-post about this game in the forum of toucharcade.com
-keep that thear alive, by saing: "The first 5 people to reach level xxx and PM me will get.. (a free code for another game?)

The game really is great. It's a shame it doesn't sale.

Hi Gernot, how are you???
Thanks for the tips!!
- You are right about make it free !  :-[  I'm trying to get more exposure because I think that is the main problem....
-I have 2 videos on youtube (less than 300 views each one)
-I posted the game in toucharcade forum (I have 3 or 4 threads) but I had poor views (600 max) and very very poor replies (2 or 3)
-That's a good idea!

I had a website too www.rollandfall.com.ar

Time to play!  (Maybe this is better for Ericos post about sales in App Store)    =D

Multiple choice:

1) I earned revenues between $1 and $200
2) I earned revenues between $500 and $999
3) I earned revenues between $1000 and $ 2999
4) I earned revenues between $3000 and $ 5000
5) I earned revenues between $5001 and $10000

Come on all
What do you choose?
The winners wins a promo code for my next game!   ;)

AMPOS and Mentalthink can't play!!!  =D

Cheers!!

erico

Quote from: blackway on 2010-Dec-21
Time to play!  (Maybe this is better for Ericos post about sales in App Store)    =D

Multiple choice:

1) I earned revenues between $1 and $200
2) I earned revenues between $500 and $999
3) I earned revenues between $1000 and $ 2999
4) I earned revenues between $3000 and $ 5000
5) I earned revenues between $5001 and $10000

Come on all
What do you choose?
The winners wins a promo code for my next game!   ;)

It sure interests me, I'm designing production for an years plan...
idea is to focus on quantities and try REEEAL hard not to be too attached with each outcome(my kiiids! :P), if you played street fighter 1, you can't really believe capcom planned street fighter 2 and all of it's outcomes before? =D

For the choices to be fair one would need to know the time span...
If I'd guess it's a month....

and never played just looked at screen shoots+video:
I would guess between 2 and 3.(uau! I voted 2 choices!)
Game play looks interesting enough from the videos I believe you will get more as word spreads...
Do you have a lite version going? From what I studied it seems to be a help factor.

If you may accept some constructive criticism from a person that never released an app before...

1- foreground tiles may be enhanced, check http://www.pixeljoint.com/ for inspirations

2- background is nice, but maybe some contrast difference between it and the fore?
   nightmare in the dark for the neo geo is an ace example of the effect...

3- add some dust effects on collision?

4- I'm not a fan of the 'turn page' effect on the videos, but that is just me.

I can't really say much, it looks nicely playable and tasty from the videos already, may be my opinions are too over.
It sure deservers more then option 5 though. :good:

blackway

Quote from: erico on 2010-Dec-21

It sure interests me, I'm designing production for an years plan...
idea is to focus on quantities and try REEEAL hard not to be too attached with each outcome(my kiiids! :P), if you played street fighter 1, you can't really believe capcom planned street fighter 2 and all of it's outcomes before? =D

For the choices to be fair one would need to know the time span...
If I'd guess it's a month....

and never played just looked at screen shoots+video:
I would guess between 2 and 3.(uau! I voted 2 choices!)
Game play looks interesting enough from the videos I believe you will get more as word spreads...
Do you have a lite version going? From what I studied it seems to be a help factor.

If you may accept some constructive criticism from a person that never released an app before...

1- foreground tiles may be enhanced, check http://www.pixeljoint.com/ for inspirations

2- background is nice, but maybe some contrast difference between it and the fore?
   nightmare in the dark for the neo geo is an ace example of the effect...

3- add some dust effects on collision?

4- I'm not a fan of the 'turn page' effect on the videos, but that is just me.

I can't really say much, it looks nicely playable and tasty from the videos already, may be my opinions are too over.
It sure deservers more then option 5 though. :good:

Thanks Erico for your feedback, I really need that !
I agree with you, I think that I need to improve some graphics!...   
About dust....It's a nice addition! I'll take that!
I'll send to you the Windows version's  Roll'n'Fall tomorrow , you'll can play it and change some graphics if you want !  ;) (No Shoebox for you!)  =D

About the contest  =D Nobody wants to participate? 
Roll'n'Fall hit the App Store in november, 4...

Bye!