uploading binary

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnus

Hi All,

Having read the user guide & set aside a whole morning to do this (next tue) there is one thing I am still unsure of- which file is the 'binary'. I understand this has to be zipped & uploaded.

I am guessing that since it first has to be zipped then I must be able to identify it (unless the portal does this automatically, but then would it be automatically zipped as well as part of the process & if so then why does the guidance say I have to zip it manually 1st? Anyway...).

Looking in the 'xcode' folder I would guess its the '.app' folder, so with an exe called 'myapptitle':

XCode\GLBasic\build\Release-iphoneos\ myapptitle.app

so I would zip up this folder (myapptitle.app)?

Apologies for asking a question on something I have yet to actually do but I dont want to fall at the 1st hurdle. I have downloaded & read the Apple documentation but cant find any reference to where exactly the 'binary' is or how to identify it.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Shawnus

Kitty Hello

Yes, you zip that .app directory. Make sure the Media and Default.png is in and the Default.png is in the project (just test in the release version)

shawnus

Ok Gernot, thanks.

Kind regards, Shawnus

matchy

If you have problems after uploading via the iTunes Connect website, try:
Uncheck PNG compression in Xcode project configuration and zip that folder up on the Mac (not Windows) and use the Application Loader 1.3 to submit it.

kaotiklabs

I´m nearly in the same step than shawnus and I have 2 more questions:

1- Are you using mp3 in your games? if not wich audio formats? just wavs?
2- Wich is the max. size for an app in order to avoid been forced to download from wifi or a computer?

Thanks in advance mates.
Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

Kitty Hello

I'm using MP3 for AcrobaSticks. Do I really have to pay fees? I thought that was per device... Also, I bought the MP3 files.. Hm...
The download limit for GRPS was 10 MB, I think they raised that already.

shawnus

The itunes connect dev guide doc says 20Mb 'over the air' with a 2Gb total size limit, was updated this month. According to the doc revision history the size limit was increased from 10Mb to 20Mb on 5th April.

Slydog

Does any body have any example numbers on how large their final iPhone app is, from GLBasic?
In other game dev languages, it can start at 10Mb just for the minimum file libraries.
Or, how large would a simple 'Hello World' app be?
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

matchy

When I right clicking an app in the iTunes desktop app to explore in Window it shows me the *.ipa files which range from around 100k (GLB Hello Word 237k) to 0.5GB for a big game.  :good:

Kitty Hello

I try to keep mine < 10 MB. Mostly for nostalgic reasons.

Slydog

Wow, that's much smaller than I was expecting.
Now, I have no static models (files), only dynamically created, so if I can trim my mp3s, I should get it to under 1 or 2 MBs!

My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

shawnus

Hello again,

Just to keep everyone updated on progress, following this path:

XCode\GLBasic\build\Release-iphoneos\ myapptitle.app

- I zipped up the folder 'Release-iphoneos' which gave me this error message:

'The binary you uploaded was invalid. It did not contain an .app bundle'

- so I have now zipped up the actual app in the folder ('Vycaria-iVCL.app') which now gives me another error message:

'The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate'

after googling this I really cant make out the best initial approach to dealing with this problem & would appreciate any advice based on your own experience please?

cheers, Shawnus

Kitty Hello

You must duplicate the "release" configuration and make a "distribute" one, which you code-sign with an "Distribution" certificate.

shawnus

yes, sorry just realised this- I thought the distribution cert was just for 'ad-hoc distribution' and not required for 'app store distribution'- thanks!

Cheers, Shawnus