Odd GLBasic problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

Sometimes when I double-click a .gbap project file, GLBasic will open just fine with the project, but when I go to press F5 to compile/run, it will tell me to "configure the application," and even if I set it to win32 and hit apply, it gives me the same thing. While it's in this weird sort of "mood," every time I press save, it asks me where to save it (even if I didn't change anything.) Upon selecting the same file I opened to overwrite it, it pops up with a strange sort of message and goes back to the code window. Closing GLBasic and running GLBasic again by itself will usually fix it, and from there I can just open the project file from "Recent" and it'll load up. This bug has only happened when opening an associated .gbap file, and not otherwise. It's occurred maybe 6-7 times now. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Kitty Hello

Hum. Works for me. Can you make something reproducable?

Moru

Oh, I had something similar last week but I wasn't sure if it was due to clicking a project file or because I just installed version 7.x over the old one on this laptop. But to get GLBasic to ever start again I had to remove all traces of GLBasic and install again.

kamakazieturtle

Make sure you weren't double clicking the .gbas file. That will do it for me.  :S

Darmakwolf

No it's with a .gbap file. If it happens again I will try to make the situation reproducible to see if it's really a bug with certain project files :)

FutureCow

I've had a similar problem before with a corrupt gbap file. Try creating a new project and importing all the same files into it. If it's a corrupt gbap file that will fix the problem.
(And can I request you put more descriptive subject lines on your forum posts - eg. Configure error when compiling from gbap file - it makes it easier for people to work out if they're likely to be able to help you or not!  :) )

Moru

Also helps when someone is searching on a problem and can see the right description in the headline already :-)