No text render after update (demo version)

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Hi GLBasic community. I started trying out the demo version og GLBasic today. The version that downloaded was 7.203 and I started working through the tutorials. Then I decided to do a manual update and was surprised to find a new version pulled down (7.301).

The only problem was, after the update, no text would render in my apps. I tried a PC reboot, but still nothing. So I uninstalled the demo, reinstalled it, and text is back. Is that a problem with the latest version, or a common occurrence?

Thanks for any feedback,

Matthew

Matthew

I forgot to mention, the reinstalled version is the older 7.203

Kuron

There are a couple of threads about this.  Simply the font image is in the wrong location IIRC?

If you reinstalled the older version over top of the update, then the problem should still persist.  If it were me, I would install the update and look at the thread(s) that give the specifics on the problem.

Matthew

I actually uninstalled the SDK, then reinstalled, so that would have got around the issue. I'm going to leave it for now as I'd rather it work and I can continue doing the tutorials. But hopefully this can be fixed so the update works without having to go searching for missing fonts.

Kitty Hello

put the smalfont.png or smalfont.bmp file in the .app directory of your project.
If it does not work, try : LOADFONT "smalfont.png", 0 at the start of the program. Sorry for this issue.

Kuron

Quote from: Matthew on 2010-Apr-06
I actually uninstalled the SDK, then reinstalled, so that would have got around the issue.
Actually, this is not necessarily true.  However, font issue aside, IIRC, there are a couple of examples that ship with GLB that are knackered and you have to move things to the correct location.  This is part of programming.