IPad Support!

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozden79

Hello There,

It seems that this weekend will be something crazy with the launch of IPad and it got a big attention with loads of applications/games ready at launch. My question in here is that what is the road map about making GLBasic compile for IPad? I assume that, since the OS and device is more or less a stretched (!) IPhone / IPod Touch it should be easy but that's only an impression from what we saw so far for now :)! I just want to understand whether this is priority which will be checked in the following days after the official release of the device?

Regards,

Ãâ€"zden

bigsofty

I am sure Gernot has this well in hand already.

GLBasic should already compile to the iPad as the iPad can run the current batch of iPhone apps that are already on the iTunes website. As far as specific iPad features are concerned, extra resolution and erm... I am sure there are a few more... :P I think they should be easy to implement.

Gernot may already have an iPad... as I am sure he qualifies for an early dev model. Although I believe they require a signature in blood, a dark room and ninjas as security guards to keep within Apples requirements!   :S
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kuron

Although the iPad just hit, you probably don't have to worry about big demands for iPad versions yet, as unless Apple actually starts producing them and selling them, nobody is going to have an iPad.  Around here, not only are they not in stock, stores are not taking reservations or preorders because Apple is unable to tell retailers when they can actually get iPads shipped to the stores.

trucidare

The compiled apps in app store work under legacy mode on ipad. native but with old command set.

ipads a4 cpu is armv7 to allow glbasic to compile and test on ipad the glbasic lib must be fat bin. armv6 and armv7 - now it supports only armv6.
that allows you to work with iphone and ipod. have to set up a new iphone sdk on windows to check - hope i backuped my old one :/

at this time the compile script from kittie strips out armv7, if the simple add -arch armv7 works and lipo make a fat bin all is done.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Ozden79

Thanks for the answers...

It looks like it's not hard to make an IPad compatible GLBasic and as said, hope it's something in priority...;)

trucidare

50:50
my compiler is a bit strange to use and i hope armv7 is supported
if not i think i must build a new one, again *searches for a high bridge*
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

fjsantosb

Hi there,

I am interested on iPad support too. It will be a great addiction to include on GLBasic!

King Regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

Kuron

Gernot is usually fairly quick to support new devices.

matchy

So who's go theirs yet?  :S

Kitty Hello

OK, iPad is fully supported now. I'll release a beta to the 2 people who urgently need it.
If you also need it, say so. It's a bit hard to set up.
A new SDK is bound to be released soon. I fear Pandora is going real now, so I see if I can add support for that, in V8 , too...

bigsofty

Expected it at the weekend but it did not arrive, hopefully today.

My iPhone program is only 50% complete Gernot but I have an enhanced iPad version as part of the design. So my need is not immediate.

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hark0

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-May-31
OK, iPad is fully supported now. I'll release a beta to the 2 people who urgently need it.
If you also need it, say so. It's a bit hard to set up.
A new SDK is bound to be released soon. I fear Pandora is going real now, so I see if I can add support for that, in V8 , too...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:good:
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic

WellDone

What do you mean soon, please !?!?  =D

Ian Price

QuoteI fear Pandora is going real now, so I see if I can add support for that, in V8 , too...
YAY!!!!! :D :D :D
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Wow, that's great.