"Error enqueuing new buffer: -66632"

Previous topic - Next topic

jaywat

Hi,

I'm getting "Error enqueuing new buffer: -66632" in debug on an iPhone compile specifically when I stop the (mp3) music, which is consistent with how it's documented here:

http://atastypixel.com/blog/2008/10/22/core-audio-and-freakin-error-66632/

But even though I know what the state of the music toggle on/off ought to be, I am still explicitly only issuing a STOPMUSIC command if ISMUSICPLAYING() = TRUE, which surely ought to combat exactly that problem (ie, rather than just brute-force issuing a STOPMUSIC even if it was already stopped, which is when I'd expect to see this kind of error)

Any ideas? Thanks!

jaywat

Kitty Hello

Do you have problems other than this message?

jaywat

not really, other than no matter how well my music track loops in the sequencer and various players, there's always a slight pause thats even noticeable in the frame rate of other stuff thats going on when playing it in glBasic.

In terms of the error itself, it doesnt seem to make any difference. I'm just interested to know what would cause it considering I've used exactly the same methods in other projects and yet this is the first time it's produced that error. Well, that and I'm not sure if you can submit an app that is, strictly speaking, producing errors. Will be a first for me, so not really sure whether it matters to Apple or not!

MrTAToad

I wonder if ISMUSICPLAYING() is returning an incorrect state or the queue system isn't being recreated...  It might be worth posting this in the bugs forum.

jaywat

I'm almost certain that is true, but I don't think the two issues are related, because even when the states are definite, ie, I am playing music and I tell it to stop, with or without an evaluation, I get this error.

But yes, I'm not sure how useful the ISMUSICPLAYING() evaluation really is, because certainly in my testing using debug prints, it quite often reports that it's not when it quite obviously is (to clarify, playing a non looped track, 'ISMUSICPLAYING' reports true in a looped evaluation for some of the track, then seems to stop early. I mean, very early. Like, seconds away from the end). I have no idea how it's evaluated, but I had idly wondered whether it had anything to do with bitrate of the mp3, ie, yes, it plays, but isn't '100% compatible'.  Or I could be way off base :)

But really, thats not the issue so much here. I simply want to issue STOPMUSIC when paused, or when ending the game. And that always generate this buffer error.

Though yes, solving the pausing/stuttering in what ought to be a seamlessly looped track would be nice to solve, too!

I had considered, given that I know the exact length of my track to the millisecond, creating a timer function that forcibly replays it NON looping, but haven't gotten around to testing the theory yet to see if it's any more agreeable than the noticeable pause it causes when set to loop. It might well be a futile exercise, given that the one command to loop, with no evaluations, ought to have far less overhead than an extra timer, constant evaluation and reissuing the play command, no?!

MrTAToad

Yes, I get the same error too.

I also get the following :

Error opening file : 3
Error loading file info : 3
Error loading looping file : 3
Can' init audio. Retcode :

jaywat

to ask pretty much the same question about this debug error as my file open error in another thread...

How are these messages viewed? Will Apple reject it as a bug? Or is it viewed as 'for information only'?

If there is any chance it might cause my app to be rejected, I'd really like to pursue a resolution!!

matchy

This error won't affect your review at the app store.

Kitty Hello

Yes. Most of my programs do a _lot_ of this output when I do networking or file system stuff.

jaywat

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Mar-19
Yes. Most of my programs do a _lot_ of this output when I do networking or file system stuff.

Cool. As long as it isn't going to be looked at as a bug, I'll continue to ignore it! :)

kaotiklabs

Sorry for the bump but this problems still persist.

It seems to leak when you call playmusic several times.
I have tried to STOPMUSIC or unload it before loading the next song but it stills leaks and prints the output error.

This seems to be related with this iPhone SoundEngine.h error:
http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/7487-help-soundengine-h.html
Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

Slydog

Maybe somebody could write a function that uses INLINE code to call (instead of STOPMUSIC)
Code (glbasic) Select
SoundEngine_UnloadBackgroundMusicTrack()

I'm not sure if it takes a handle or anything.
May be worth testing.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]