Default.png Splash Screen

Previous topic - Next topic

jaywat

I'd like to know more about the apparently undocumented feature for instant splash screens, please?

I first read about it in the 'Crackshot' thread, but there is still insufficient information there for me to be able to decipher how to use it. Tried it about six different ways so far and no joy. So if anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

From what I understood from that thread, if you have a full screen sized image called "Default.png", it should display instantly on running the app.

What wasn't clear is:

what platforms does it work for?

Where do you put it? root folder? app folder? media folder?

does it need ANY code to enable it? I got the impression it didn't.

either way, does it use a bitmap identifier? does it unload automatically after use?

If there is any documentation on it, perhaps someone can point me to it. If not, perhaps information on it ought to be added to the help file?

Thanks

J

Moru

I understood it as something native to iPhones and nothing to do with any programming language but I can be wrong :-)

MrTAToad

Yes, it's iPhone only - you use Xcode to grab a screenshot and set it as the loading screen.

Kitty Hello

It must be called "Default.png" see the uppercase! And must be directly in the .app Directory. Then, in the XCode project, go to resources, and right click. Then select "Add existing file". Select Default.png and rebuild.

jaywat

Thanks! Will give it a try!

Gary

And I would imagine this is the first screen the crackers find that they edit to put their logo on :(

Still, its a handy tip, thanks