Debug

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to write DEBUG-like output to the immediate window without DEBUG - without the programming needing to be DEBUG mode?
Reason being my Antivirus software does not like the DEBUG mode.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Schranz0r

You can debug in Window (Print ...) or  create Log-Files.

Another way is to enable the Console and write to it.

Example:
Code (glbasic) Select
OpenConsole()

STDOUT "Hello Console!"

WHILE TRUE

SHOWSCREEN
WEND
END

FUNCTION OpenConsole:
IMPORT void __AllocConsole()
__AllocConsole()
ENDFUNCTION
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrPlow

Nice - thanks for openconsole method :)

That'll come in very handy
Comp:

Qedo

you tried to handle exceptions on your antivirus?

On "Free Avast antivirus" that I use I did it for GlBasic and I solved it (for other reasons)

MrPlow

Bit tricker on the one I use as its freezing / quarantining on the individual app folders for the specific projects...so I have to add exeptions for all my projects ... absolute pain ... not worth the hassle... an easy workaround is better for me.
Comp:

Qedo

I added one only exception to the whole folder where all the glbasic projects are located

MrPlow

Yes, I think I can do that too - but my projects are a big part of what I want protection from ransom ware attacks,  etc.
Comp:

bigsofty

Changed to ESet Nod32 when I had the problem, a lot less false positive generic reports.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)