New to glbasic how i run a game?

Previous topic - Next topic

aoos

hi im tottaly new to glbasic and i already have a problem somehow i cant run anything from glbasic
i tried all the projects from samples but when i press run it gives me the same error:

*** Configuration: WIN32 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.2007.134 - 2D, WIN32
Failed to open "C:\DOCUME~1\ΚΩΣΤΑΣ\LOCALS~1\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp.h" for writing
"3DCollision.gbas"(1) error : cannot open a file?

what is wrong with it plz help!

Schranz0r

I think the name make problems: ΚΩΣΤΑΣ
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Kitty Hello

Oh!! Try setting your environment variable "TEMP" to something more ASCII and restart GLBasic Editor. Please tell me if it fixes the problem, so I might consider different steps.

Kitty Hello

Oh!! Try setting your environment variable "TEMP" to something more ASCII and restart GLBasic Editor. Please tell me if it fixes the problem, so I might consider different steps.

aoos

fine but how i suppose to set this varable to something else. i dont know how to do that, i think that the problem is that glbasic cant open this folder its searching

Schranz0r

Copy the Folder to C:\DOCUME~1\glbasic

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

aoos

well i opened the folder \glbasic in the temp folder  but the glbasic folder is empty. i think that it cant find gpc_temp.h file thats the error!

Brice Manuel

I am guessing the problem is a Unicode issue that is keeping GLBasic from recognizing the path: "C:\DOCUME~1\ΚΩΣΤΑΣ\"  

I could be wrong, this is strictly a guess.

Schranz0r

Read the 2nd post , Brice.... :D

Aoos reinstall GLBasic, an set the Samplefolder to "c:\glbasic" or something like..

That may work

PC:

aoos

i try them both nothin happens. and i think that i cant rename the folder ΚΩΣΤΑΣ.

Schranz0r

You can rename the Username in Windows.

So you rename the ΚΩΣΤΑΣ into the new Username

PC:

aoos

nope! nothing happened i renamed the folder, with english characters from control panel but the folder seems to be the same.

Brice Manuel

I am guessing that even if you rename it, that GLBasic is using whatever is the system's default temp folder which is causing a problem due to the Greek letters.  

You might try making a folder:  c:\temp   and modifying Windows to use it as the default temp folder, but that could likely break some other software.

Quote from: Schranz0rRead the 2nd post , Brice.... :D
I know, I was hoping he might pay attention when he read it the second time ;)

Kitty Hello

it's the "home path" you specify. I'll fix it in a new update. It's really annoying.

Kitty Hello

Fixed in Update 4.225