Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Video is unavailable?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

r0ber7

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2018-Jul-17
Finished building the first boat level. I've made a screen recording of me playing it. Fixed a whole lot of bugs in the process as well.
Forgive me for the audio quality, it is a bit low.

Should be working now, yes? Sorry about that, it was a "draft" although I seem to remember clicking the publish button.

dreamerman

It's something how Youtube videos are tagged here on forum, in Opera I had to disable ad blocking and allow 'dangerous' content to be shown  :D
You can always check html source of that post to get direct link or hit 'inspect element' in browser.
Game is looking good, I know that this could be a lot of additional work but it would be nice to see cooperative gameplay option, plug two gamepads and play with friend, or even some versus mode.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

r0ber7

Quote from: dreamerman on 2018-Jul-19
It's something how Youtube videos are tagged here on forum, in Opera I had to disable ad blocking and allow 'dangerous' content to be shown  :D
You can always check html source of that post to get direct link or hit 'inspect element' in browser.
Game is looking good, I know that this could be a lot of additional work but it would be nice to see cooperative gameplay option, plug two gamepads and play with friend, or even some versus mode.

Thanks for the heads up, I hope the video is working for everyone now. I won't be doing co-op, sorry. Development of the levels, camera and so on would have to change and there is plenty of work without adding extra features now.

What would be the thing you think is most interesting about this game? :)

dreamerman

It's really hard to say, doesn't look complicated but would be more demanding in other ways than most of current platforms with pixel perfect jumping, yet not overwhelming as some indie games that require to much thinking and management like in Sim games..
If it will have some basic RPG element's, then some even simple story would be nice. If it will be platform game with bullet-hell/shooting elements what would be it main determinant of the difficulty level - amount/strength of enemies, some immune to fire and so on, or e.g. mana management.

r0ber7

Sounds like a good game description. Do you mind if I use it? :D

dreamerman

Obviously no problem with that, if You like it, use it freely  ;)

bigsofty

Finally got the video to work, looks like is maturing well R0ber7. Reminds me of Caveblazers graphically, which is one of my favourite indie Steam games at the moment. Although I would like to see a multiplayer feature, I would cash this in on Steam as is and reap in some well deserved cash!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

r0ber7

Quote from: bigsofty on 2018-Aug-03
Finally got the video to work, looks like is maturing well R0ber7. Reminds me of Caveblazers graphically, which is one of my favourite indie Steam games at the moment. Although I would like to see a multiplayer feature, I would cash this in on Steam as is and reap in some well deserved cash!  :good:

Yeah, definitely. :) Thanks. I checked out Caveblazers and can see the resemblance. I would play it if I had the time.  :P Currently moving house, so a lot of my time is spent on that at the moment.

Kitty Hello

Amazing. Can I use screenshots of this to advertise GLBasic?

r0ber7

Of course! If you want to include a link to www.cortexcode.com/rwi that would be great too. But feel free. :)

r0ber7

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2018-Aug-29
Amazing. Can I use screenshots of this to advertise GLBasic?

If you want, I can include a link to glbasic.com on my website too. Shall I do that?  :booze:

Kitty Hello

Might be cool. I'll try to put GLBasic on STEAM...

[edit]
I can't get screenshots off YouTube videios :( Can you post me 2-3 screenshots, please?

r0ber7

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2018-Aug-30
Might be cool. I'll try to put GLBasic on STEAM...

[edit]
I can't get screenshots off YouTube videios :( Can you post me 2-3 screenshots, please?

Here are two .zip files with screenshots I've sent to other people somewhere in march.

r0ber7

Progress on this has been slow the last months, because I was moving. Now I've moved and am working towards Steam alpha tests. I have my new development environment set up (Windows 7). I used to work on Crossover in MacOS, and I couldn't use the debug option inside the IDE. So that is now back and is extremely helpful in (of course) debugging. :)