How important are the mobile platforms for indie developers?

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Here I´d say I prefer to take smaller games (like the one I´m doing) towards mobile and a bigger game towards desktops (couple plans on oven).
Since GLB allows me to multiplatform and if my game is easy to share on other platforms without much trouble, then why not all platforms available?
More platforms, more stores. Bigger the chance to get to that daily sales number.

That is, moneywise.

Other then that, people should do game to what they please. :P

MrPlow

Currently I am only doing mobile...for now that is.

Desktop users would have higher expectations
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

nabz32

Quote from: MrPlow on 2015-Feb-05
[...]
That is so true,
I saw many decent games get very bad comments on steam greenlight because of their graphics style.
For desktop games the development seems to go in the gameplay (-) and graphics (+) direction.
(Just tried out HoMM VI today and was highly disapointed, and that game was from 2011).
It is interesting though that there are more "find stuff in a picture" games for the desktop PCs on the sales shelf, than AAA titles
(At least here in germany)

Moru

Gameplay (-) and graphics (+) has been the main direction since the c64. Nothing new there.

erico

kanonet

Keep brabbeling grannies.

(or, if i agree, does this mean im getting old too?^^)
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

nabz32

@ Kanonet

everything was better in the old times,
when video games where black & white and when you had to rotate a crank to play them =D

erico

As for black and white, I have a low-fi black and white game going, sort of elite+pirates+lunar lander.
Aaaaah, nothing like re booting those concepts...for those who have them...;):P

I should ASCII this game!! 8)

nabz32

looking good enrico!
The graphics style reminds me off old game and watch titles.
I love games in the style of lunar lander since I was introduced to the gameplay in the crappy Master system version of incredible crash dummies =D

corás

I think it's pretty important, on one hand, since mobile development is quite cheaper than Xbox and desktop stuff.
Dejameeee! si yo no tengo la culpa de verte caeeeer....

erico

Quote from: MrPlow on 2015-Feb-05

people have been playing mines and solitarie on their PC for ages...you should give more thought on that, I won´t get into the whole flash experimental age nor desktop/browser games, but I disagree.

Quote from: nabz32 on 2015-Feb-10
...I love games in the style of lunar lander since I was introduced to the gameplay in the crappy Master system version of incredible crash dummies =D

So do I, in fact I have a vendetta to settle with the genre, going for about 15 years. ;)