XCode: Base SDK Missing

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobiag

Hi,
yesterday i tried the whole day to compile a glbasic game with xcode, but i guess i am too stupid for it. Everytime i try to compile, i get one warning and one error. The Warning says: "The Copy Bundle Resources build phase contains this target's info.plist file 'Iphone-Info.plist'.
The Error says: "There is no SDK with the name or path 'iphoneos3.0'
In the Dropdown-Menu in the upper left corner of the window it just says "Base SDK Missing" and when i try "Project->Set Active SDK" it says the same thing.

But when i start a new Project in XCode (without GLBasic) i can compile without any problems, so the SDK seems to be there somewhere and properly installed (i even reinstalled the whole XCode Stuff and i made sure i have the latest version).

Can someone please help me? I bet there is a simple solution and i am just too stupid for that XCode Stuff...  :whistle:

Nobiag

hmm, that didnt really help me, sorry :(
also, i dont want to compile for the ipad, but for the iphone. But i just found out that glbasic gives me an error message when i create the xcode project:

and here is what it looks like in xcode:

MrTAToad

Sounds like you dont have the correct SDK installed (you want XCode for iPhone/iPad) and not XCode for Mac...

Or you could have a look at http://www.lapegna.com/2010/06/xcode-base-sdk-missing/

Wampus

Hi Nobiag

Check whether MrTAToad is correct. If you did download the latest iPhone Developer's package for xcode then try this step by step:-

• Go to the Project drop down menu and select Edit Project Settings
  • In the General tab, make sure Project Format is Xcode 3.1-compatible
  • Change Base SDK for All Configurations to iPhone Device 4.0
  • In the Build tab, find the field for iPhone OS Deployment Target
  • Change the Deployment Target to iPhone OS 3.1.3 (or whatever minimum OS you want or your device uses)
  • Close the Project settings window
  • Click the dropdown menu in the upper left corner which previously said Base SDK Missing
  • Make sure the settings include ticks for Device and Release
  • Try compiling again (and make sure your device is connected!)

If that doesn't work and you get another error message, post the error message and I'll look again. If the above process doesn't work because some setting is missing that I mentioned let me know that too.

Also, just checking. I think you've probably done this already but have you changed com.yourcompany.${PRODUCT_NAME:rfc1034identifier} in the iPhone-Info.plist to the Profile name you've set up in your Apple Developer's settings at the Developer website?

All this is a real pain. Honestly, I found it very confusing the first day I tried compiling with xcode too. It drove me nuts! Lots of angry emails to my girlfriend that day.

Nobiag

Thanks for the Help, but it still doesnt work...
I finally solved the "Base SDK Missing" Problem, i guess. I changed the Base SDK under "Project->Edit Active Target" but i dont know if that was right. Anyway now i get a new error message:

QuoteLibrary not found for -lPROGRAM
Command/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1

omg, i hate this...

Wampus

Changing the active target to iPhone Device 4.0 should set the correct SDK. If the Base SDK settings (that was previously blank) has ticks for Device 4.0, Release, iPhone and armv6 then you should be set to compile and upload to your iPhone/iPod device.

Something may have gone awry while you were troubleshooting. Try going to the Build menu, then clicking Clean All Targets, making sure that ticks are in both the boxes that come up in the query window and then clicking Clean. After that try again.

If that doesn't help then I'm not sure what the problem is with just the information from the error message. If the app signing / profile creation process went fine at the Apple Developer website and you have the latest iPhone Developer SDK then it should be OK.

Removing and reinstalling the SDK could be tried. I Googled this error message and it looks like a fresh install of the SDK has worked for some who get the Library not found for -this Command/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1

Nobiag

Hey,
Thanks Ragaril, i really appreciate your help, but i've just been away for a week and i'm afraid to say it still doesn't work. I still get the same error message, i already tried to reinstall xcode and the sdk and also tried to reinstall glbasic (v8 beta).
I don't know what to do anymore...
If anyone has any ideas what else i could try, i'm thankful for every suggestion...   :nw:

Nobiag

Omg, this stuff is driving me crazy... i have no idea what else i could try. I dont understand that xcode stuff at all.
well... there seems to be a Library missing "Library not found for -IPROGRAM". Does that have anything to do with the GlBasic Error Message i posted earlier? "can't create output file: ..."
In the xcode main window of the project the file "libPROGRAM.a" is red, every other file seems to be ok.

I use the latest glbasic version (v8 beta), the latest xcode version (even tried the latest iOS SDK beta), reinstalled everything a few times. My Device is an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1. I use glbasic with Parallel Desktop 5 under Mac OS X 10.6.4. If anyone needs anymore information, please ask...

backslider

Maybe a Screenshot could help?

Nobiag

ok, here some more screenshots:

"BallRollJumpWhatever" is just worktitle for the game. The GlBasic Error Message is still the same as in the screenshot above.

trucidare

the libPROGRAM.a isnt there, all read mwritten files are not found.
the libPROGRAM.a must be in XCode/Glbasic/Lib folder
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Nobiag

Quote from: trucidare on 2010-Aug-03
the libPROGRAM.a isnt there, all read mwritten files are not found.
the libPROGRAM.a must be in XCode/Glbasic/Lib folder

ok thanks, question now is: why isnt it there and where is it?^^

backslider

recompile the game in glbasic and search for it in the lib folder?! :) (in the iphone project folder)

Nobiag

Oh My God, it finally works! Thanks for all the help, now i know what i did wrong...

The libPROGRAM.a was not even created by glbasic, that was the error message i got in glbasic. So i thought about why it could not be created and in the end i found out that the problem is the folder where i store my projects... i use a folder that i share between windows and os x, i thought that would make everything easier... well now i know it just causes problems.  ;)