SGEngine

Previous topic - Next topic

SnooPI

Yes you are probably right, I would have to do some tests on a real graphics card for DX.
However, for the moment I would only keep the OGL rendering.

Quote from: dreamerman
Nevertheless your Irrlicht wrapper works without problems
It's not just an Irrlicht Wrapper, it's SGE!  :rant:  :P
Quote from: SnooPI on 2021-Feb-14
-The Irrlicht wrapper is not just a simple transcription of Irrlicht functions, it's a little more complex.
-The engine uses 2 wrappers, one for Irrlicht but also another for irrKlang (for 3D sound)
-In the future, I plan to add AI and then more advanced physics.
So it's not only Irrlicht Engine,  it's SGEngine  ;)
In addition, the irrKlang and Irrlicht file system is "synchronized", this allows for example to use addzip even with irrKlang.
I just now have to do the same with loadscene  :whistle:

keeping all core code behind curtain in SGE lib...
Damn, my bad English prevents me from fully understanding the beginning of this sentence  :doubt:

so would be easier for him to transit to GLB, another thing that some functions can be handy during prototyping phase.
In fact we can easily use SGE in C/C ++  ;)

Keep up good work, built-in some kind of physic will be interesting to see :-)
It's on fire.

Happy Christmas! :)
You too and thank you for your feedback on this engine  :good:

Maybe later I'll do a tutorial in the form of a 3D mini-game to help people with their project with it.
For now, I will continue to add examples.
If anyone starts a project or even a few tries with SGE, I will be very interested to see it  :booze:

dreamerman

Quote from: SnooPI
Nevertheless your Irrlicht wrapper works without problems
It's not just an Irrlicht Wrapper, it's SGE!  :rant:  :P
Sorry my bad :P I wanted to say that Your engine works great ;) Is 'SGEngine' is abbreviation from 'SnooPI Game/Graphics Engine'? :]

keeping all core code behind curtain in SGE lib...
It meant that core code responsible for all things, works in back, just like in a proper game engine, so end-user doesn't bother messing with unnecessary stuff - has simplified task with ready to use simple functions :)
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

SnooPI

Ah ok I understand better like that  :good: Thks

For the name at the start it was a mix of Simple (SnooPI also why not  ;)) + GLBasic  + Engine.
But "Game/Graphics" is also good.

However, the name is not final, especially since there are already several 3D engines with the same name :(
I would have to find another one before the final version.

In fact I saw that almost all the abbreviations for 3D engines are already taken.
So I will keep the same and as the engine can easily work with another language, the G will be for "Game" and the "S" will be whatever we want (Simple, Super, Small, SnooPI :P, ...)

matty47

I downloaded the archive which is still on Mediafire however it requires a password to extract. Please advise the password. Thanks

SnooPI

Hi Matty,

It's in the main post: snoopisge
I just saw that I didn't add the example with the physics, I'll add it tomorrow  :booze:

matty47

Thanks. What a mountain of work you've done. Everything that I tried ran smoothly. Did you compile for any other platforms?
I am still on non Steam version 15.238.

SnooPI

Thank you so much  :)

Logically all platforms supported by Irrlicht, but for now I'm focusing on Windows and Linux (SteamDeck works on Linux ;))
No problem with version 15.238 at the moment SGE is 32 bits, a 64 bits version will be released.

All features and platforms supported by Irrlicht are here (we can see that a mobile version is in the works).
https://irrlicht.sourceforge.io/?page_id=45

dreamerman

One day I'll definitely need to use this in some project.. yet I'm still in 2d era games heh :D
btw. where there any updates to Irrlich in last years or it isn't in 'active development' for some time?
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

bigsofty

Quote from: dreamerman on 2023-Jul-14where there any updates to Irrlich in last years or it isn't in 'active development' for some time?

Last SF commit was on the 24th of June this year. So it looks to be still going strong.  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

SnooPI

Good news Dreamerman  :good: 

Yes, it is still in development, a 1.9 version is on the way.

I updated the engine and added an example that uses an important function for 3D games  :booze:
In the next update I will remove the "i" before each function (we know it's Irrlicht, it's not worth repeating it every function  =D )