Nebula/Galaxy images

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy70

Has anyone in their travels come across any sites with tutorials or even programs for creating Nebula like backdrops. Not to bothered if the tutorials are for programs I do not have as long as the description of how they created it is followable (does the previous word exist lol).

Seems my google skills have gone backwards as cannot seem to find anything semi-decent or get sent to pages that will not load.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Ian Price

NASA images are free and open source IIRC (seeing as they were purchased with American Tax dollars). You might want to look at  some of those :)

Bryce may be able to do them too - I know it does landscapes and skies.
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Apr-28
NASA images are free and open source IIRC (seeing as they were purchased with American Tax dollars). You might want to look at  some of those :)

Bryce may be able to do them too - I know it does landscapes and skies.

Forgot all about Bryce, I downloaded it a few months back when Daz gave away 7.1 as well as a few other programs. Didn't get round to playing with it as use Terragen for landscapes but I sense an install & play coming along  :D

Thanks for jogging my memory Ian  =D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

Wampus

The Filter > Render > Clouds function is your friend. You can use it for all sorts of things, including creating nebula-like backdrops. Have a play with using it to create a few layers then mixing them up with different blending modes and opacity levels.

BTW if you ever want to create a galaxy, this tutorial is amazing.

fuzzy70

Thanks Wampus  =D, Will have a play with the galaxy tut after playing with the cloud filter.

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

mentalthink

For Phothosop you have pencils, for make Nebulas, Stars and all the Cosmos... are free, but now I don´t know where it´s the link...

Search somethin like patterns nebulas Photoshop or Space Patterns/Pencils Universe... something similar... sorry for not give you the link... :(

fuzzy70

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Apr-28
For Phothosop you have pencils, for make Nebulas, Stars and all the Cosmos... are free, but now I don´t know where it´s the link...

Search somethin like patterns nebulas Photoshop or Space Patterns/Pencils Universe... something similar... sorry for not give you the link... :(

No problem mentalthink, the tutorial wampus gave me links to other sites & am trawling through them now. Some required files for the Tut's but had dead links, either that or Google Chrome is playing up. Been having problems for a day or so where nearly anything I download stops around 10% done & I get an "Interrupted" error, If I click on the file again it downloads fine so re-install I think.

I could always revert back to IE9  :puke:  :D

Lee
- "These go to eleven."