DAZ Studio Pro 4, Bryce Pro 7 and Hexagon 2.5 now for FREE

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

I dont use 3D packages much - if I do, I generally use the objects that are provided...

fuzzy70

Quote from: Moru on 2012-Feb-10
I always liked POV-ray :-)

Runs on an 8 MHz Atari with 1 MB memory. Well it used to at least, not sure about todays versions :)

Ok, so the simplest scenes takes hours but at least you don't need any sort of artistic vein. It's all programming :-)

I still use povray  :D , not as often though but found it very useful in the past for creating Isometric game graphics & understanding 3d in general. Come to think of it I believe the 1st ever 3D program I used was DKB Trace on the Amiga on which Pov-Ray is based.

I have just installed all 3 of the Daz freebies & had a quick play. There is definitely no fear of Hexagon replacing my usual Lightwave & Cinema4D combo but that's down to me using both of them for years, again back since Amiga days (you can thank Babylon 5 for getting me into Lightwave).

Daz Studio's UI will take a bit of getting used to, last time I used that was Poser 6 & the UI while looking similar is quite different in operation.

Last time I used Bryce was version 5 (when it was made/sold by Corel I think) & that seems not to have changed much from what I recall but Terragen proved better for me & have been using that since.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

MrTAToad

I think the earlier versions of Bryce were a lot more stable :)

fuzzy70

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2012-Feb-23
I think the earlier versions of Bryce were a lot more stable :)

I have not given 7.1 a test yet other than starting it to enter my serial number  :D

Who knows, with my wonderful new clean Vista install that took days to update It may be stable on my system  :whistle:

Having said that though I doubt it as took a lot of work just to get it started to enter the serial number thanks to VC runtime issues & nice old Vista "Side-by-Side" configuration issues.

Btw  :offtopic: I bought 2 of your books today, the cookbook & GLB programmers ref ones, my birthday is coming up in 3 days so early present for myself  :good:

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

MrTAToad

Thanks for buying my books - hope you find them useful!

Dont forget to leave a review on Lulu too - thats something that no-one seems to do :(

fuzzy70

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2012-Feb-23
Dont forget to leave a review on Lulu too - thats something that no-one seems to do :(

Have left a review for the Reference Guide, I will do one for the Cookbook when I get around to looking at it.

One suggestion, I didn't write this in the review but I feel the Index should be near the start of the book rather than at the end seeing as its more of a "Table of Contents" type Index anyway. That's just my personal preference though & I have edited my copy in Acrobat so it is near the start.

Other than that I can see it getting a good bit of use  :)

Lee
- "These go to eleven."