Spots

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Spots is now available for Windows and Linux, and can be downloaded from www.spots.un-map.com

If anyone finds any problems let me know!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

Looks gorgeous.

monono

Congrats!
It hangs and stopps occasionally. I think it´s when it´s loading new stuff. Sry, no more specific from what I see. It´s Win7 64.

MrTAToad

Thats odd - do you have a fast machine/fast hard drive ?

QuoteLooks gorgeous.
Thanks  =D

monono

QuoteThats odd - do you have a fast machine/fast hard drive ?
Harddrive I don´t really know. I have an intel i3 and an ati hd5400. But it´s not that it happens in other softwares or games.
Just before posting this, I tried to recreate the mistake. It did not appear anymore. The only hang I got is when in arcade mode I choose select without anything selected. Let´s hope the other times it was just a system thing on my side. :)

MrTAToad

If you choose to start the arcade game without selecting a profile, it should display a message...

Ian Price

Played a few games (Arcade Mode) upto level 3 or 4 and had no crashes/hangs.

BTW It wipes the floor with me after the first few rounds.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Deary me - thats the medium setting too :)

Ian Price

TBH my full attention hasn't been on the game, but yeah - I'm crap at it!
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

heh - mine you, I cant get past level 12 on the original.  I had to modify the code in order to see all the levels :)

Is there anything that you think could be added or changed ?  I need to re-design the entry entry layout slightly but thats all I can think of at the moment - oh, and get the "No Holes" option working as in the original game

Ian Price

TBH There's not much I would change, gameplay-wise, but what I would do (and I'd be willing to help here), is change the graphics and the screen-size (or at least have it scaled from the start). i would animate the Spots (or change them to something else) so that they have personlaities.

The one thing that i really don;t like is that the screen is too small for my liking and I  don't enjoy the game as much as I should. Even scaling it by x2 would make a big difference, I'm sure. I did this for B'lox! and Guru Logic Champs. They were both designed for a small screen (320x240) and scaled x2 for pc. It gives the graphics a solid, chunky look, but it works well (IMHO).

Other than that there was just one thing - when you light up the possible move squares, the darker squares aren't as visible as the lighter squares, so it's not as obvious that you can move to them.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Talking about scaling x2 - I have the HQ2X filter running for GLBasic.

Ian Price

Oooh! Tell us more :)

Any images of it in action? Speed reductions?
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Don't forget you can change the screen resolution in the Options menu - I should probably change the default resolution though - I was using 320x240 to make sure everything would fit if I ever got a WIZ or something...

QuoteOther than that there was just one thing - when you light up the possible move squares, the darker squares aren't as visible as the lighter squares, so it's not as obvious that you can move to them.
I might need to make the squares you cant move to darker then.  I think what I should start doing is drawing the tiles using ROTODRAWANIM so that they can be scaled and rotated.

If you're willing to re-do the graphics for me, that would be great.