Had to laugh

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy70

You have just got to chuckle sometimes at the naivety & innocence of non techie people.

Having just bought a 4gb DDR3 stick for my laptop for a not bad price of £10 my partner came out with the following (& I quote)
QuoteYou paid £10 for 4gb, I payed £9 for a 32gb USB thingy last week & you're meant to be the computer expert

Needless to say that all attempts to explain there are different types of memory fell on deaf ears lol.

Lee

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

erico

I have been helping a couple friends editing some videos...they believe the HD space you have is actual computer memory, later trying to explain the differences, they simply nooded but I´m sure they understood nothing.
And it gets worse.

But it is strange how we are used to computer specs, I always had computers home ever since the 80s.
As easier as it seems nowadays, the majority of people have no clue what is going on, even youngsters, heck they don´t even google the subject so to learn a bit.
And that is what I find strange, I mean, every area of work today uses computers, it does deserve a bit of self study even if you are only writing texts.

Once I was doing some 3d work and the client was pestering me before the thing was complete.
He wanted the object posed on a specific way but could not explain.
Of course looking at someone working always looks like the thing is easy to do.
The pestering got to the point that I simple handled the computer to him so could set the pose...
...within 5 seconds he gimbal locked the view and could not leave it. I tried my best to hold loud laughs, I think I didn´t managed it. :D

Sokurah

Quote from: fuzzy70 on 2012-Nov-23

Having just bought a 4gb DDR3 stick for my laptop for a not bad price of £10 my partner came out with the following (& I quote)
QuoteYou paid £10 for 4gb, I payed £9 for a 32gb USB thingy last week & you're meant to be the computer expert

That is SO funny.  =D
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games. All freeware. :-)
Twitter: Sokurah