Better Vmware or Parallel Desktops?¿

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi I read some people uses parallels and another people use Vmware... Now I have to use my Mac mini full time, my "big" computer burns...

I use vmware at this time... but I read Paralells Desktops need less requisites and runs faster in 3D... anyone can comment his experiencies whit this Virtualizations...

VMware, I don´t want use, because don´t have Union mode, and I can live whitout this awesome mode of using Windows into a mac....

Thanks...

bigsofty

It's been a little while, but I tried them both and found Parallels to be the better of the two.  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mentalthink

Qube

I own both VMWare 5 and Parallels 8 and I can 100% confirm that for GLB development (and general gaming) Parallels is faster in the graphical department than VMWare.

Parallels 8 with Mountain Lion is  :good: :good: :good:

mentalthink

HI Qube Thanks I think I will buy a Paralells License... VMware runs fine... But when i test the Parallels 7 , I nottice the 3D run more smooth than Vmware...

Thanks for your replies guys!!!