Horiztontal shooter in bonus section

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi Guys

Please check out my Android test version of 64 low rez jam entry in bonus section :)
If moves pretty well on my devices, just looking for some feedback :)

Ta
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

nabz32

No luck with the download link i Got an 404 from dB

MrPlow

All sorted now - link fixed. :)
Comp:

MrPlow

Hi
Did anyone get a chance to check out the shooter yet?
Comp:

dreamerman

Still need some post to get access to bonus part of forum, so then I will test in on old budget tablet ;]
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

Quote from: dreamerman on 2016-Aug-26
Still need some post to get access to bonus part of forum, so then I will test in on old budget tablet ;]

Pm'd with link. :)
Comp:

dreamerman

Hardware: 7'' 800x480 tablet, single core, 512MB Ram, Vivante GC800 gpu.
It looks that game works smoothly (but no fps info so can't say exactly), no hiccups, touch controls working properly, music/sound also, loading time 4-5sec.

btw. I thought that player ship will fly automatically, but this is also good idea, some kind of like in 'flappy' games, but there is one thing: when steering by touch and moving ship upwards, it look that he is moving by larger amount of pixels, when not touching 'analog stick' area, the ship is falling down much more fluently, really per-pixel, if same would happen with normal steering it would look better.
Top score 360pts, after killing lvl boss can't go forward, only left to level start. Nice gfx, and music ;)

MrPlow

Thanks a lot for trying it :)

So do you mean jetman flies up / down faster with touching screen? and falling without touch is smoother?
I think I see that too...also u can play like a flappy by tapping but the point is it combine with holding down finger on screen and jetman follows finger in relation to the screen control area....

Do you find it fun to play? How many games did you play?

Welcome any suggestions to improve fun element :)

Comp:

dreamerman

Quote from: MrPlow on 2016-Aug-28So do you mean jetman flies up / down faster with touching screen? and falling without touch is smoother?
Hm, maybe up/down move with touching isn't faster but some kind of choppy, just like it was skipping some pixels during movement, because falling is very smooth. Due that, it was better to control it like in flappy games. Maybe on devices with smaller screen or higher resolution it's less visible / harder to notice.

Generally I would say that such low res retro pixel games plays much better on lower size screens as just even on 7'' those pixels feels strange if you know what I mean :D resolution is kind of limit here, and such side scrolling shooters aren't my favorite game genre.
But playing on mobile phone, with some power-ups and other stuff like this this may be interesting little game ;)

MrPlow

Thanks,

I found the choppy movement issue...next version should be smoother now :)
Comp: