Directory structure

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

I've just updated GLB to V7 and noticed that the directory structure is displayed differently (reversed?) compared to GLB (v6), which appeared to display in order of the creation date the directory (oldest first). The order now appears to be display the list with the most recent first. Is this the case?

Any chance of ordering the directory alpha-numerically, rather than by creation date order? I know we can manipulate the directory data in an array to display alphabetically, but it's easier if this is built in. Or is it already?
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

I presume you're talking about GETFILELIST ?  I believe the OS controls the order the files are received (and would be different on each type of machine).  The only way would be to use sort array after getting the list - I suppose it could be easy to add an extra parameter to the aforementioned command to get this sorted in alphabetical order.

Moru

I always thought it was in the order it was put on the disk, not sorted at all. I haven't seen any differences in the order so far but my files are always created in numbered order in an empty folder.

Ian Price

Sorry, yes I did mean via GETFILELIST (it was late; I was hot and very tired!)

Like I said, I can sort the list manually, I just wondered really why it had changed.

I'm at work now, but screenies of my Battle Cards game would show the difference in directory listing.

It's not a big deal, it just came as a surprise.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Perhaps you were lucky :)

Kitty Hello

Yikes! It should be sorted alphabetically. I'll see.

Ian Price

Original image from GLB v6

Image taken with GLB v7

Neither are in alphabetical order and v7 is definitely reversed.

Cheers Gernot, alphabetically listed would indeed be preferred. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

fixed in next update.