Author Topic: GLBasic home page  (Read 2895 times)

Offline MrPlow

• Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
GLBasic home page
« on: 2015-Aug-16 »
Gernot & Community,

Wow! I was so surprised to notice that the Home Page for GLBasic does NOT mention ANDROID development at all!

I use GLB 90% of the time for Android development alone and I think any new users would read front page and think it does not do Android - only iPhone and others.

I think the home page text need a complete re-write with a list of the amazing features that GLB provides.

Its very understated!

« Last Edit: 2015-Aug-16 by MrPlow »
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Offline Paul Smith

• Mr. Polyvector
    • View Profile
Re: GLBasic home page
« Reply #1 on: 2015-Aug-16 »
I think the Homepage needs a revamp, I bet with a better look we can tempt more people to GLBasic.

I bet most of the GLBasic community are willing to chip in with web design or even invest money to keep thing present,I know I would. :)

Amstrad CPC 6128, ATARI STE.
Acer  SW5-173 & AMD FX 8350/1050Ti

Offline erico

• Community Developer
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • FUED
« Reply #2 on: 2015-Aug-17 »
Sure shot, what we need is a soul to chip in willing to organize the work and its stages.
A revamped homepage would be really cool. :good:

Offline Alex_R

• Mr. Polyvector
    • View Profile
    • Axro Digital
« Reply #3 on: 2015-Aug-17 »
I think we can also create a wiki, so everyone in this forum can post his own examples and discussions. We can use mediawiki which is free or something similar. This system is easy to maintain.

Offline MrPlow

• Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-Aug-17 »
Like the sound of all the suggestions...

Happy to help too! I can put a basic mock graphic together when I have some time...As long a Gernot is okay with changing it.

It just needs a slick landing page, Apple / Android / Windows / Mac logos (good quality ones)

Some screens from some nice looking apps.

HTML / Jquery slider etc

E.g. Suggestions

- Top banner with links (instead of side links)
- JQuery Slider slideshow

Couple of paragraphs on features etc.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Offline julesd

• Mc. Print
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-Aug-25 »
 Interested in GLBasic but main reason not buying is because of the home page.

There was lack of update news. So i thought it was dead.

Offline erico

• Community Developer
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • FUED
« Reply #6 on: 2015-Aug-25 »
Yep, the homepage is low on the priority list of things happening lately, release of v14 and updated v12. ;)

When I first came by GLB searching for a good-nowadays-basic, I wasn´t impressed by the homepage at all, but since a home page itself was not my objective, I checked the features page and the command list...then I checked the forum and...voila! everything alive and here I am.

Offline Schranz0r

• Premium User :)
  • Administrator
  • Prof. Inline
  • O Rly?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-Aug-26 »
Like the sound of all the suggestions...

Happy to help too! I can put a basic mock graphic together when I have some time...As long a Gernot is okay with changing it.

It just needs a slick landing page, Apple / Android / Windows / Mac logos (good quality ones)

Some screens from some nice looking apps.

HTML / Jquery slider etc

E.g. Suggestions

- Top banner with links (instead of side links)
- JQuery Slider slideshow

Couple of paragraphs on features etc.

Good idea, maybe some CMS in the background...
So we can create a "Newsteam" to keep the frontpage alive.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.9GHz, 16GB HyperX Fury 3000MHz Ram, ASUS ROG GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Offline erico

• Community Developer
  • Prof. Inline
    • View Profile
    • FUED
« Reply #8 on: 2015-Aug-26 »
Yep, a front page with a gallery of released games and some of the output of the marvelous things we have on the snippets section would rock.
Apart from that, I´d expect news in the form of the latest version log and occasional major release posts.

Link for price, help (which contains the tutorials and command list), Gernot´s services and forum.

Would we need more than that? I did a sketch about a possible page long ago, but I´m not sure that was on ok one.

Lately(past 5 years), I have been so pissed by pages full of crap, ads, hidden stuff and praises of do-it-all that I have been more inclined to the blog format, the more straight to the point and clean visuals the better.

Just some extra cents...