GLBasic home page

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Gernot & Community,

Wow! I was so surprised to notice that the Home Page for GLBasic does NOT mention ANDROID development at all!

I use GLB 90% of the time for Android development alone and I think any new users would read front page and think it does not do Android - only iPhone and others.

I think the home page text need a complete re-write with a list of the amazing features that GLB provides.

Its very understated!

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Paul Smith

I think the Homepage needs a revamp, I bet with a better look we can tempt more people to GLBasic.

I bet most of the GLBasic community are willing to chip in with web design or even invest money to keep thing present,I know I would. :)

Amstrad CPC 6128, ATARI STE.
Acer  SW5-173 & AMD RYZEN 7,RTX 3060TI

erico

Sure shot, what we need is a soul to chip in willing to organize the work and its stages.
A revamped homepage would be really cool. :good:

Alex_R

I think we can also create a wiki, so everyone in this forum can post his own examples and discussions. We can use mediawiki which is free or something similar. This system is easy to maintain.

MrPlow

Like the sound of all the suggestions...

Happy to help too! I can put a basic mock graphic together when I have some time...As long a Gernot is okay with changing it.

It just needs a slick landing page, Apple / Android / Windows / Mac logos (good quality ones)

Some screens from some nice looking apps.

HTML / Jquery slider etc

E.g. Suggestions

- Top banner with links (instead of side links)
- JQuery Slider slideshow

Couple of paragraphs on features etc.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

julesd

Interested in GLBasic but main reason not buying is because of the home page.

There was lack of update news. So i thought it was dead.

erico

Yep, the homepage is low on the priority list of things happening lately, release of v14 and updated v12. ;)

When I first came by GLB searching for a good-nowadays-basic, I wasn´t impressed by the homepage at all, but since a home page itself was not my objective, I checked the features page and the command list...then I checked the forum and...voila! everything alive and here I am.

Schranz0r

Quote from: MrPlow on 2015-Aug-17
Like the sound of all the suggestions...

Happy to help too! I can put a basic mock graphic together when I have some time...As long a Gernot is okay with changing it.

It just needs a slick landing page, Apple / Android / Windows / Mac logos (good quality ones)

Some screens from some nice looking apps.

HTML / Jquery slider etc

E.g. Suggestions

- Top banner with links (instead of side links)
- JQuery Slider slideshow

Couple of paragraphs on features etc.

Good idea, maybe some CMS in the background...
So we can create a "Newsteam" to keep the frontpage alive.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

erico

Yep, a front page with a gallery of released games and some of the output of the marvelous things we have on the snippets section would rock.
Apart from that, I´d expect news in the form of the latest version log and occasional major release posts.

Link for price, help (which contains the tutorials and command list), Gernot´s services and forum.

Would we need more than that? I did a sketch about a possible page long ago, but I´m not sure that was on ok one.

Lately(past 5 years), I have been so pissed by pages full of crap, ads, hidden stuff and praises of do-it-all that I have been more inclined to the blog format, the more straight to the point and clean visuals the better.

Just some extra cents...