iphone new app submission

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnus

Hi All,

Following 'the announcement' from Apple, just wondering if anyone has had any 'new apps' submission or approval issues regarding phone apps originally written in GLB?  I can see from the news section of this website that this should not be the case, but was just wondering anyway.

Cheers, Shawnus

Kitty Hello

Yes, I'm awaiting an approval at the moment. Funnily in my dev center the button to view my apps is gone...  :noggin:

FlowPX2

There are no problems with GLBasic and the AppStore ^^
My first iPhone Game is written in GLBasic, and now online in the appstore.
i wait for that a week.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qwing/id369601749?mt=8

shawnus

ok, so you went through the submission process & your app was approved after Apples license statement amendment, so thats good.

Mind you, I'm not really sure why I asked the question originally since I guess the only way to find out is to submit the app.

Cheers, Shawn

trucidare

apples new tos are active after 4.0 is released. have to wait for that.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Kitty Hello

OK, my new app is approved now. Seems to be no problem. Why would it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calculator-rpn/id369984869?mt=8

mykyl66

I can see them possibly doing checks for specific sdk 4 stuff in the future. I say that as that seemed to be SJ's main gripe that they (Apple) update the sdk and it takes third party companies too long to implement them.

At the moment its not required for multitasking etc but who knows what they will state as required in your applications when 4 is actually released to the general public.

Its still making me nervous as they seem to have a habit of changing the game overnight.

Mike

Kitty Hello

so?
I mean, you are open to implement any objC / C++ code in your project and GLBasic does not do anything other than provide an XCode project for you. Really, we're safe.

Kuron

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-May-13Really, we're safe.

Some people are not happy about that and won't be unless there is a problem with the new TOS.  There is a current thread over at BRL  :puke: where somebody is insinuating that GLB may have problems with the new TOS.

Kitty Hello

codegit

I would not take the BRL forums too serious, they have some of the most arrogant people you will ever meet on a forum.  ;)
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

Kuron

Quote from: codegit on 2010-May-17
I would not take the BRL forums too serious, they have some of the most arrogant people you will ever meet on a forum.  ;)
I know that and you know that, but those who do not know that are the people who are searching for a new language and stumble on false statements like that about GLBasic and may never give it a try because of it :(

Kitty Hello

Blessings and curse of the internet and wiki archives...
If you like GLBasic, tell others. Personal experience is the best advertising.