Camera

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Would be nice if you could rotate the camera in X, Y and/or Z directions

Schranz0r

SIN() and COS() ;)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

WPShadow

Und was ist mit denen von uns, die zu doof dafür sind? z.B. ich? (traurig aber wahr)
AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est

Schranz0r

I can make some functions, if you want! No?
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrTAToad

If it can get around some gimbal locking that would be great.

WPShadow

Please make a function for "dummies" like me!!!  :good:
AMD X2 4600, 2 GB Ram, ATI X1950 XTX, XP PRO SP2: GLB Premium 10.beta_dingsi, <(´.´<) Kirby Dance (>`.`)>
http://lostrevenant.blogspot.com
alea iacta est

Kitty Hello

Really, it's easy, isn't it?

Code (glbasic) Select

X_CAMERA 0,0,distance_to_object, 0,0,0

// now make a rotation and translation matrix for the whole object
// -> the complete cube
LOCAL mat[]
MakeMatrix(rotx, roty, rotz, positionx, positiony, positionz, mat[])

// apply this matrix
X_MULTMATRIX mat[]
   // ok, keep the current matrix as a base
   X_PUSHMATRIX
   // draw all the sub-cubes, as if you were drawing them non rotated at position 0,0,0
   FOR i=0 TO 100
       X_MOVEMENT ...
       X_DRAWOBJ ...
   NEXT
   X_POPMATRIX
   SHOWSCREEN

Kitty Hello

with the rotation matrix, I think it is solved. I admit I never really understood that problem, too. ;)

Quentin

I had the same problem trying to play building a little space shooter. With the entity system you're able to rotate around all three axis without probems. But I never understoud how it works  :S

Hemlos

Quote from: Ocean on 2009-Jan-23
Hi Hemlos,

yes, I'm building a wooden canard airplane.  The design originates from France.  In Florida, especially a bit further south from you  -  near St. Sebastian  -  there should be flying around quite a few as one of the canard kit plane producers is located there.

As to sims:  I focus on X-Plane (for various reasons).   Is your sim programming project still alive?

Cool a pilot :)

I did attempt a 3d helicopter sim, even built a model for it...but, i havent been able to use the 3d entity system to synchronize all the moving parts to rotate together, and also, I have not been able to lock the camera into the cockpit either.

I need help with these issues, but its not something im too worried about right now.
Ive been pretty busy with the 3d font object creator program...nearly done.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O