Is anyone else having crashes when debugging under 7.230?

Previous topic - Next topic

FutureCow

I never used to have problems prior to 7.230, but now I'm finding I'll be intermittantly running my code in debug and get a "program has done something unexpected and needs to close" type error.
The last one just corrupted my gbap file (it's looking for all my files in "d:\game projects" rather than "d:\game projects\battleship" and as a result can't find any files).
It's not frequent enough to pinpoint an exact problem so far, but I'll be interested to hear if anyone else is having issues.

Kitty Hello

uh-oh. If you can find something to reproduce, I'd be very happy.

FutureCow

Will do Gernot! Just to be clear, it's the GLBasic editor that gets the error rather than a spawned .exe
I'll pay more attention to how I trigger it next time it happens.

FutureCow

It just happened again on a different computer.

How I produced it : I had the game running in debug mode. I went to the debug menu and selected pause (as the key combination doesn't work). I then clicked into the source code and went to type and it crashed.

Error : GLBasic has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

"Data this error report contains"
AppName: editore.exe    AppVer: 2010.8.0.0    ModName: msvcr80.dll
ModVer: 8.0.50727.4053    Offset: 00008aa0

Technical details (if they help) from the program that sends the crash details to Microsoft are attached.

I'll update this post if I can consistently crash the IDE/compiler.

Hmmm... Unfortunately the steps above aren't enough to crash it consistently. Sorry!

[attachment deleted by admin]

FutureCow

It appears to be an intermittent fault when editing my code with a debug version of it paused in the background.

As I was noticing the crash when I'd try to edit after pausing my program, I used the following steps to try to see if I could reproduce it consistently. Doing this I could get it to crash reasonably consistently (but not 100%)

1) Open ide
2) Open my project from list of recent projects (I've previously debug turned on and selected a console app - it's not a console app but having the small console window to find the bug makes life easier)
3) F5 (program compiles and runs). Let run for a few seconds
4) Click on titlebar of IDE
5) Compiler menu -> debug -> pause
6) Wait for it to pause (couple of seconds)
7) click somewhere in the source file opened and type a letter
8 ) If this doesn't crash, delete the letter typed and go back to step (3)

Reasonably consistently I find it will crash about the 7th time I do steps 3-7. I think that it's more to do with where the program is up to when I pause it rather than the amount of times I follow the procedure. I was just editing for about 10 minutes (with a debug version of my code paused in the background) before it crashed.  O_O

If I can find out anything else I'll update the post again.

Kitty Hello

So sorry, it doesn't crash for me. :(
Maybe you can record a video of what you do and send me the project?

FutureCow

I can if you like, but at this point I think it would take too much of your time to track down. It's not consistent enough with failing to make it easy to find (and being a bug it will probably stop the minute you start looking at it  ;/ ). I'll keep trying to get a consistent failure.

If someone else starts having the problem maybe they'll be able to reproduce it a lot more consistently than I currently can.
Thanks as always Gernot!