Compiling for iOS on pc =D

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

Yeah, WebOS seems a much nicer experience.

Out of interest are there any plans on moving onto Blackberry at any point? They seem to be gaining momentum, especially with the release of their Playbook.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

AndyH

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Jul-28
There's 2 problems with this:
I would need the apple libs to compile and link
I would need a compiler for windows that can compile and link
Also I need a program to code-sign it.

It's pretty hard and I fear it will break with future version, as Apple is famous for this.
Yes, compiling for iOS is a true pain. That's why I so want to push the WebOS devices. The OS is awesome, programming for them is awesome, the support is awesome.

Reading around why Apple have done this now, it's clear they are really worried about the competition, so to make an educated guess I don't think it likely that they'd restrict it again.

Didn't you originally get an iOS build running from Windows when you first did the iOS module?

Albert

I've used the Adobe AIR packager for iPhone, and it only requires a p12 certificate, and a mobileprovision file, what you have to require from Apple. Also a loading screen and 2 icon required.
Then it compiles your Flash game and package it into an .ipa file on the PC, no MAC required. I think they adding some type of VM into the ipa, and your flash semi-compiled, but I'm not sure. Adobe say, that they have to compile the Flash, because of the Apple permit to run interpreted code in the iThing.

trucidare

Since apple allows middleware to compile for ios we have a chance with dummy libs to get fully compiled apps. i preffer the udk signer tool which i modified to create fully working apps on windows straight from glbasic.

main problem at the moment is the arm_all linker flag hardcoded in my gcc version. some headcrash in my brain since xcode 4 throws these deprecated warnings
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

caffeinekid

I suspect this thread is my fault. :P

I would love to be able to compile for my iPod touch without having a Mac. Please say it is going to be possible!

Hatonastick

So would I since I don't own any Apple product bigger than a iPod.  Mind you I also wish I could program in GLB for my Symbian OS Nokia C6 -- not that there would be any point (even if it was possible) I guess since Symbian is on the way out. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

dijster

I've got an iMac and mainly use my windows laptop (or work pc :good:) for coding.
I use dropbox for storing all my files so I can easily compile on the mac without need to transfer files, etc...
Being able to compile in windows would be great though

Albert

Quote from: Crivens on 2011-Jul-28
Yeah, WebOS seems a much nicer experience.

Out of interest are there any plans on moving onto Blackberry at any point? They seem to be gaining momentum, especially with the release of their Playbook.

Cheers

Blackberry released Beta SDK for their PlayBook tablet (I have a PlayBook :) ). One can compile his OpenGL C++ program to the PlayBook table. Any chance glBasic will support this platform?

MrTAToad

Ah - they've released it now, eh ?

That would be a good thing to support - assuming it has SDL

mrplant

To compile on the PC, you would need your certificates etc. Its quite murky...

As someone who has a Mac as my main machine - its not too bad.. I run parallels Windows 7 in a window - develop and compile in Windows - then zip up the compiled files and load them into Xcode.

You need to have your Dev licenses all set up anyway but once you have you just press build and off it goes...

I can't see a *legal* way around all of this to be honest - the way apple has the devices locked down...

Just my view...