Missing Forums Attachments

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemlos

GLBasic has had a server change in the past.
Resulting from the server switch, many attachments across the forums are dead linked.
Most of the dead attachments are still relevant, as most are working samples, algorithms, and/or libraries.

Speaking for myself here, I will update any attachments that are dead links.
I will try to update all of them as I come across them, and as they're reported dead.

If you come across dead links, please report them within the thread that they are found, for these forum threads are linked to the creators emails.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

SnooPI

oh ok... thanks for the information Hemlos.

Hemlos

strange those all seem to be there for me.
if you have issue within a thread please post it there, so the author can see it, thanks.

SnooPI

I confirm, these attachments are corrupted.
Either the end of the archive is incorrect, or the archive is completely corrupted.
Tested with Winrar 5.
Maybe this is a problem with Winrar but I doubt it as I don't have this kind of problem with attachments in recent posts.
Also, the attachment of one of these posts was compressed with my Winrar 5.

Schranz0r

Gernot delete old attachments to save server space.
If you reupload "unneeded/old/broken" attachments he will get in the same spot as before.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Hemlos

Qedo

would it be enough on request to place the zip file in a temporary folder available for a limited period (one week?) so as not to occupy space on the server?

matty47

Just to confirm that any of the zip files that I have downloaded appear to be corrupt. Tried to open them with 7zip and Winrar 6. Both progs showed error as "Unexpected end of archive". Running a repair (Winrar) on the files did not fix the problem. Showed a checksum error in all files in the archive. Did something happen to the server files at some point?

Qedo

unfortunately a forum without attachments is almost useless.

Kitty Hello

I accidentally found an old backup of 2019-10 and copied the attachments back, so most stuff should be fixed again :)

Hemlos

MrPlow

Maybe porting older or larger attachments to aws s3 location (with link updates?) would free up space?
;)
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2021-Nov-02
I accidentally found an old backup of 2019-10 and copied the attachments back, so most stuff should be fixed again :)
:good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico