SGEngine Demo

Previous topic - Next topic

SnooPI

I don't have much time to talk about it, but it's a 3D engine for GLB based on Irrlicht and IrrKlang.

I will come back to this later.

-------------- EDIT

The Irrlicht Engine has been updated to version 1.8.5, it re-motivated me and this week I made a big update to my 3D engine.
Here is a new SGE demo.
It uses 3D sound but there might be a problem with the volume as I adjusted it with the headphones (I have to buy speakers :-[ )
It doesn't use shaders (easier to adapt for mobile).

Qedo

very very interesting.  :booze:
will there also be an android version?

SnooPI

For the moment no, but maybe later because it seems that a version of Irrlicht for android is in development.
Even if the physics in Irrlicht is already important (especially for collisions), I will try to integrate a physics engine (ODE or Newton) and add examples.
:booze:

bigsofty

Very smooth, looks great too!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

There is no code, so it's not a snippet. :)
Thats why i moved it.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

SnooPI

Quote from: bigsofty on 2020-Nov-11
Very smooth, looks great too!  :good:
:good: I compiled the library to be as optimized as possible (that's also why it's so big, optimizations take more space).
I put a version with the FPS display.

Quote from: Schranz0r on 2020-Nov-11
There is no code, so it's not a snippet. :)
Thats why i moved it.
2 mins, I'm doing the examples and the physics engine, it takes a little while  :P (maybe I would do the physics engine later if I see it's too long).
But I understand, no problem  ;)

SnooPI

Hi guys,

Currently Linux is not installed on my computer, if I provide LIB and DLL for Linux, could someone test me the demos on their installed version of Linux (not on a virtual PC) ?

SnooPI

Well, apparently nobody cares about helping me with my engine.
Too bad, I was motivated ...

Another project maybe  ;)

<3 GLBasic

Qedo

I would have gladly helped you also because the project is interesting but I have linux installed only on virtualbox ....

SnooPI

Thanks for your interest Qedo  :booze:

I'm continuing this project but I'm just going to take my time, it will allow me to do many examples and integrate a physics engine.
Plus I have work to finish before Christmas (I'm very late  :()

By the way, were you able to solve your problems with HTML5?
If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask me, maybe I can help you.

Qedo

For the moment I have abandoned Html5 waiting for possible updates. For now, if I need to, I'll use v15.
Right now I'm trying to finish my first game, but I see it tough.
Anyway thanks for the help SnooPI. :good:
I look forward to seeing you finish SGEngine because I see great potential.  :booze:

Steinbock

Hi SnooPI

Unfortunatley i cannot help you because i also have no linux. But I am anyway interested on your project.
I am working on a dungeon crawler project and it is already running fin with native GLBasic 3D. But maby with Irrlicht i could improve light-settings.

Here a picture of the editor

Time will come. It's just a matter of time...

SnooPI

For a simple dungeon crawler, I don't think so (although you're going to have a problem with 3D sound).
If you want to do a Doom/Quake style dungeon crawler yes it can be very useful... but so your map editor will not be of much use to you because this engine can import Quake 3 levels (and therefore all map editors that export in this format).

In fact, with SGE you have access to almost all the features of Irrlicht and irrklang.

Anyway, good job Steinbock, hope you will keep us posted on the progress of your project which looks great  :good:

SnooPI

New SGE Demo  :booze:

Qedo

thanks SnooPI always a great job.
When are some examples in GLB?