Latest version causing problems

Previous topic - Next topic

Crivens

I doubt its any of that code because an old version of my code compiled on the new GLB causes the same bug too. When compiled on the older GLB it worked fine as I could see from a older version of my code I had compiled onto a pre2 with an older GLB. Plus I know I didn't see that bug before and now I can recreate it everytime using the same method which I had used without seeing the bug for weeks before

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

MrTAToad

Have found an interesting problem when using LEN (same thing happens with BOUNDS) on arrays :

Code (glbasic) Select
LOCAL a[]

WHILE TRUE
DIMPUSH a[],0
DEBUG "Size : "+LEN(a[])+"\n"
DIMDEL a[],-1
DIMDEL a[],-1
DIMPUSH a[],0
DIMPUSH a[],0
DIMDEL a[],-1
DIMDEL a[],-1

SLEEP 1
WEND

Returns the following :

QuoteSize : 1
Size : 0
Size : -1
Size : 1
Size : -2
Size : -3
Size : -4
Size : -5
Size : -6

It looks like its possibly deleting something that isn't present...  After a while the program crashes

Kitty Hello

latest update fixed that. no? 10.114, I think.

MrTAToad

Yes it has - for my test code anyway :)

Crivens

Just to confirm that after updating to the latest GLB my code now works fine. I haven't changed anything in 2 weeks so the fix obviously worked for my problem too. Phew, thought I was going to spend the day debugging. Now I can enjoy a lovely sunny lunch with my wife at the pub :) (for practically the first time this year thanks to crap UK summer).

Heh, tallest building in the world, biggest mall in the world, most expensive fountain in the world etc was all very good and all, but it pales in comparison to getting back and finding out that GLB has been fixed :)

Cheers

Nathan

Does that mean you app is ready to release?

Crivens

Ha! Nice. Still a few things to do and then put it past the Chi test on a lunch break or two :)

Cheers

Crivens

An update on this. v10.114 I thought fixed it. But it doesn't.

It works fine now on my PCs, and on my Pre2. Which are my main test machines and is why I said it all worked now.

But, I didn't check on my iOS devices (nor Android but lets leave that for now). I have now and the bug is still there... It's exactly the same on iOS only. Thats for a 2G iPod, 3GS, and 4G iPod. This is on GLB v10.118.

I have also tested on the TP and it also works fine like the Pre2, with no sign of this bug. I also noticed Gernot fixed the screen orientation on the latest GLB. Ta! But the GETJOYX is still getting weird values compared with the other devices.

Cheers

Kitty Hello

push the trash button before you rebuild for iOS. It might use the old lib?

Crivens

I'm pretty sure it's using the latest lib as I changed a few things and they are happening on the iOS devices.

Trash button? Is that like the clean build option in xcode3? Ooh that's a good point I'm on Xcode3 still. It wouldn't be because I'm not on Xcode4 would it?

Cheers

Kitty Hello

No, I use xcode 4 myself, but 3 should be fine.

Crivens

Well then it is definitely using the new lib. I changed a 3D object to a completely different shape and that is reflected in the iOS builds. Do you think I should completely remove the XCode project and get GLB to build it and transfer it all over to the Mac again? Or do you think this bug still exists for iOS?

Cheers

Kitty Hello

So, the arrays still crash on iOS? That's about to be impossible.
In the xcode/lib directroy - compare the file libGLBasic???.a with the one in compiler/platform/iPhone/XCode/lib.

I'll have a look at the getjoyx values (for the WebOS touchpad, rigtht?)

Crivens

Ok. Will do. If it comes to it I will completely erase the OSX versions on the PC and Mac and re-compile/send to Mac. That should definitely have the latest GLB libs then.

Yes for WebOS Touchpad. The Pre2 is exactly the same as the iOS devices. The TP detects changes but the values are totally different.

Cheers

ampos

That's what I have to use:

Normal:
      x=GETJOYX(0);y=GETJOYY(0)

TouchPad and my Android Tablet:
      x=-GETJOYY(0);y=GETJOYX(0)

check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE