Version 11.414 the the audio is not played

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyo

I have compiled the apk with all the internal Media, and the sound does not play.

With the Media external at APK, audio sounds!

I use for Music, file OGG ( but i Tested the MP3)
and for SFX files WAV at 8 Bit (22050 HZ).

But don't work .....

Why?  :rant:

Thanks for reply  :good:

Kyo

I looked in the file: _logview.bat  in folder (GLBasic_v11\Compiler\platform\android\bin)

Code (glbasic) Select

@ECHO OFF

:: install Android SDK, Android NDK
:: install JDK

set HERE=%~dp0

set ANDROIDSDK=%HERE%..\android-sdk-windows
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24

set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%

"%ANDROIDSDK%\platform-tools\adb.exe" shell logcat glbasic:I SDL:I DEBUG:I AndroidRuntime:E *:S
::

IF "%NOPAUSE%"=="" PAUSE

But my version of jdk is: jdk1.7.0_05 (folders: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_05)

is it important?

Kyo

erico

Haven´t got the chance to try the newer beta yet.
I will be more useful when I have it running, it was just released. :-[

kanonet

Did you try to use full path for audio files? Use GETCURRENTDIR$ to create full paths. There maybe still the bug that you need full paths.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

spicypixel

Quote from: kanonet on 2013-Oct-05
Did you try to use full path for audio files? Use GETCURRENTDIR$ to create full paths. There maybe still the bug that you need full paths.

If this bug is still present, I can't imagine it difficult to fix but it certainly is a priority one if it's still there.
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

Kyo

I installed the 11.556 but it not work!

I have ANdroid 4.0.4 (and I can not update it)...

On win the music and sfx work fine, and on android with external media work fine, but if i compile the sound on APK it don't work .....

I checked the path (the same system that I use to load the sprite) and everything is ok!

I do not know how to do ....  :(

kanonet

Could you create a simple 5 lines project that only loads and plays a sound? So we can test this and if we get it working, you can fix your project.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kyo

spacefractal

you still need doing full path to the sound, then its should work. using a relative might not work. Its a well known issue. But giving the code example could also help..
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

This is Sample code ....

if I put the audio on the MicroSD and use the code:
ext_sd$ = PLATFORMINFO $ ("DOCUMENTS")
new_path  = ext_sd $ + "/ Audio /"

it works fine...

Kyo

erico

It could be the format of your sound files.

Music on my android only works in OGG, sfx goes fine in WAV.

My working OGG file is stereo, 44100hz, 499kb/s, 16bit. VORB.
Working WAV files are mono, 44100hz, 705kb/s, 16bit. PCM S16 (araw).

You may also want to be aware of case sensitive naming of files and extensions.

That is all I can thing at the moment.

Kyo

If you download the Audio.rar you will see that the music is in ogg and sfx are wav mono, 44100hz, 705kb/s, 16bit.

And then, because if I read them from the micro SD (media external APK) works. and inside the APK not??

It's my smartphone????:S