platformer

Previous topic - Next topic

siatek

Hi guys ...
I'd like to share with you my first steps in glbasic ...
I'm not a programmer but I work in the game industry as a 3d artist ...
This prototype was the game after work, where I learned glbasic ... it took me about 3 weeks ...
Currently the game is still platfomer but another kind
Splits really a lot of code and frame what you show, but it is three months older
I hope you enjoy what I have achieved, I am very happy because it really gives me a lot of fun ...

Keep your fingers crossed, the current game schedule should appear on the IOS in February 2013

ps The particle system of MrTAToad have just been added ... thx and cheers

All Sprites have been borrowed from the lost of vikings and mario all rights belong to respective creators

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5yng1sdmfi8wj3/old.ZIP
glbasic roxx !!!

siatek

I forgot to add, with no problem works on galaxy s2 at 60 fps ...
I am really amazed at how easy it to do multiplatform game in glbasic

You can switch between different devices resolution pressing F1 to F5 (its testing mode)
glbasic roxx !!!

MrTAToad

Lovely looking game there - Fill it in the missing graphics and it should be rather popular.

Glad you like the particle editor!

mentalthink

Ey!!!, very Nice , Graphics... continue whit this game.. it´s very good... remenber me to 8 bits... but more nicely....

Very good Job!!!

Ian Price

Those graphics were ripped from a variety of games, including -

Lost Vikings

One (or more) Super Mario Bros. game.

And the birds ring a bell too, but can't recall what from right now. I'm sure it's a retro remake though.

Nice platform engine though :)
I came. I saw. I played.

siatek

"All Sprites have been borrowed from the lost of vikings and mario all rights belong to respective creators ..." like id said .... This is the prototype of the graphics found in google

But thank you for recharging my batteries for further action ...
That I'm glad you enjoy this ...

I promise that when I finish makes all the open source
glbasic roxx !!!

Ian Price

Missed that bit - eager to get to the download and give it a try! Sorry.
I came. I saw. I played.

spicypixel

If you're making it open source you could always use these http://www.spicypixel.net/2008/01/10/gfxlib-fuzed-a-free-developer-graphic-library/ not had chance to look at it yet so I don't know if they're appropriate or relevant.
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

erico

Everything moves quite smoothly!
I found an invisible object further on the ground on the right side.
But I understand this is just testing.

And for testing it goes beyond great!
It´s always nice to see what people can do on GLB on few hours of work! :good:

Darmakwolf

Not a bad start! I like the scrolling background. There's just a few things to work on as far as physics go. Some platforms do not stop the "fall" animation even when standing on them. Falling directly into water against a wall does not kill the player (and does not allow them to move!) you can jump after falling off a platform in mid-air. It's also possible to run straight into a wall and get stuck there... happened twice. Just fix those up and the white edges (smoothshading false? maybe use a different sprite cutter?) and you're golden :)

erico

I get the white block edges here too.
The smoothshading false can do the trick, but I wonder as it seems people with other gfx board don´t get it?

Wampus

Looking excellent so far. What kind of game concepts are you thinking of for the Beta? (or is that secret?)

siatek

Hi guys ...

I want to thank you for your feedback ...

@ spicypixel - really amazing graphics, I like it very much. However, the open source version will be available approximately 6 months (or more) after final release ... I would like to help beginners like me, but I would like to earn some money too... anyway i will think about open source version when I finished ... but it's really beautiful pixel graphics ... i like it !

@ Erico - thanks ... such collisions can be broken because then they had to be adjusted manually, now it is automatic, and I think that this error no longer appears to ... about the edges ... It happens when I use the STRETCHANIM with a negative scale ... I discovered that the fault of the alpha channel, but may have any other ideas?

@ Darmakwolf - thanks for your comments, I will try to work on it yet, but they can also be bugs that version (anyway I'll check it again very carefully)

@ Wampus - there is not a secret ... honestly not thought about it yet ..
glbasic roxx !!!

siatek

sorry for my english :) ist mostly google translate :)
glbasic roxx !!!

Ian Price

Google Translate does a pretty good job - no need to apologize for anything. :)

Now get the game done, we're all itching to see what this will lead to!   =D
I came. I saw. I played.