1x1 Frogs

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

ok, fine. I think about making the "+" version free as a teaser. Or maybe that will only bring bad reputations. Hard decisioned.

Ian Price

To Free or not to Free, that is a very good question!

Unless you try you'll never know. And even then, every app is different. There's definitely a market for games like this - I would buy it (if my son wasn't 14 and doing his GCSE's). It's simple, obvious and surprisingly good fun for an educational app. I'd highlight that fact - it actually makes learning fun.

I'm not sure how you should release them though - all in one go, or one at a time. Another decision for you Gernot!
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

One at a time would be best.  Perhaps do a demo (or trial version)...

Kitty Hello

Yes, I think it's quite fun, too. the original idea was to create a "Risk" clone with multiplication tasks instead of dice. But I did that game in 3.5 hours, which would not suffice for a Risk clone.
I'll do that one day, though.

I think I make just 4 versions and one "have it all" for the price of 2.

erico

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Jul-07
...But I did that game in 3.5 hours...

I wish I could :'(

Kitty Hello

I should have made a timelapse for this one. Might have been a good aid for others how I start on things like that.

I'll post a few lines about it, k.

Slydog

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Jul-07
I should have made a timelapse for this one. Might have been a good aid for others how I start on things like that.

That would have been fun to watch.  I like to see how people tackle projects, just to compare, and get ideas and tips.

For one, why does it take me a year to make a (seemingly) simple game! ha
That's very part time of course.
Plus I spend way too much time polishing code and creating libraries for future games.
Once I'm done my next one should fly I hope!  :whip:
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Gary

i would cut down the touch areas for the answers, at the moment you seem to have cut the screen into 8 active areas and have no inactive parts. I could see arguments between siblings where a crafty touch on the centre bar gives the other player a wrong answer. I would cut it back to maybe a 3rd of the screen each side and leave the middle 3rd inactive

Kitty Hello

Quote from: Gary_Leeds on 2011-Jul-07
at the moment you seem to have cut the screen into 8 active areas.
I have 4 for each side. Only the bottom ones.

monono

Really nice gameplay, btw.
Why not leave the symbols that are not in the app? Would be obvious then.

Things I think that could have an improvement for the game:

• the contrast of the water tile is much too high for such an unimportant graphic. kind of annoying. lower the contrast and keep saturation down. easier for kids to focus on the numbers
  • the numbers and the lilies need more contrast, too
  • frog symbols instead of blocks for the track would be nice
  • the track on the left or right would be visual better to understand for kids, I think
  • for my ears the sound is too 8bit for the visuals
  • it´s for kids, leave the colorpicker out. an extra screen instead of ddgui should be clearer, too

Or maybe just leave it like it is. Find out how much u can make with 3.5 h of work. :)