Requesting help updating from GLBASIC 8

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff3D

Hi - after a long time away I'm trying to return to GLBasic. Finding version 8.078 to be a little flaky/intermittent on Windows 10 64 bit I thought I'd update to a newer version - 14.001 specifically.

Now, not unexpectedly, I am finding that there have been changes between version 8 and version 14 (no, it's true!) and on trying to recompile my pretty small program I am getting a bunch of warnings and a fatally uncompiled program. Since at the end it says:

*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

I thought I'd try and post an edited version of the warnings and ask for help. So, I get something very much like...

"ReadOBJ.gbas"(156) warning : GPC1003 Demo mode: This command would require "GLBasic SDK premium"  : X_OBJSTART
Wordcount:715 commands
compiling:
In file included from C:\Users\cliff\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_tempg.cpp:2:
C:\Users\cliff\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp.h: In member function `virtual void __GLBASIC__::Facet3D::dbg() const':
C:\Users\cliff\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp.h:78: error: ambiguous overload for 'operator+' in 'DGStr(((const char*)"VIndex:")) + ((const __GLBASIC__::Facet3D*)this)->__GLBASIC__::Facet3D::VIndex'
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note: candidates are: __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(int, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(int64, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(float, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(double, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, int) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, int64) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, float) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, double) <near match>
C:\Users\cliff\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp.h:79: error: ambiguous overload for 'operator+' in 'DGStr(((const char*)"VTIndex:")) + ((const __GLBASIC__::Facet3D*)this)->__GLBASIC__::Facet3D::VTIndex'

and so on and so forth

Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note: candidates are: __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(int, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(int64, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(float, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(double, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, int) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, int64) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, float) <near match>
Q:/Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:278: note:                 __GLBASIC__::DGStr __GLBASIC__::operator+(const __GLBASIC__::DGStr&, double) <near match>
C:\Users\cliff\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp.h:566: error: ambiguous overload for 'operator+' in 'DGStr(((const char*)"smoothgroup_Str:")) + ((const __GLBASIC__::OBJModel*)this)->__GLBASIC__::OBJModel::smoothgroup_Str'
C:\Users\cliff\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp.h:574: error: ambiguous overload for 'operator+' in 'DGStr(((const char*)"Bitmap_Str:")) + ((const __GLBASIC__::OBJModel*)this)->__GLBASIC__::OBJModel::Bitmap_Str'
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 8.4 sec. Time: 11:52
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

Although my project includes two source files, without references to which source file and/or what line I'm currently stumped. Any suggestions to speed me on my way?

Cheers,

Cliff3D

spacefractal

there is various of changes from v8 to v14 of course (its a big version step).

First at all, you seen is only using a DEMO and does not have a full license for some of the commands. Here im will not remove the license required even im have the glbasic source code (im only did that once temporary to fix a 64bit issue and then enabled it again).

also you should delete the temp folder to make sure its clean. Its could still have the old h files, glbasic tries to compile from.

So delete the %TEMP%/glbasic and try again.

Also make sure to update v14 in the editor, since one of the first v14 was a little bit buggy, but got fixed.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Cliff3D

Thanks spacefractal. I am indeed trying to use the demo version - the code compiled fine under the V8 demo although once/if it hit the OGL 3D code it would only last for a little while before closing.

I have tried updating - the result is that the 19 day old GLBasic editor (v14.40100) is now identified by Norton as Trojan.Gen.8 :(

Ulp! :(

Cheers,

Cliff

spacefractal

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Cliff3D

Probably, but I am a cautious fellow. I'd prefer not to run something identified as a danger, for preference.

spacefractal

That one is a generic one and not based on a Id. But often I'm so have seen fake positive. Example I'm have a vts plugin that detected as a fake positive always....

Some anti virus have sometimes giving false positive.

r0ber7

Cliff3D

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2017-Mar-13
Welcome back!

=D

Thanks! It's good to be back. I kept missing my little GLBasic experiments.... but where did the time go? V 14? Seriously????  :S

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff3D

Quote from: spacefractal on 2017-Mar-13Some anti virus have sometimes giving false positive.

Agreed, but sometimes their algorithms presumably catch true positives, which leaves cautious fellows like me in a difficult position.

I have reported GLBasic as a false positive to Symantec. Whether they actually investigate, and whether they do anything about it if they DO investigate, is out of my hands - but I can HOPE that they amend their software to see GLBasic as the positive force for good that it is.

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff3D

Basically it's a very simple Wavefront .OBJ loader and viewer. I'm trying to get back to my experiments to see if I and GLBasic, together, can do certain specific tasks in relation to such 3D models.

For all I know GLBasic can load Wavefront .OBJ models now anyway and my reader/loader is redundant!

Cheers,

Cliff

spacefractal

there was no glbasic v13. Also with v12, Gernot did released the source code, that possible for me to port it to iOS64 with some help. Also im should update SDK etc (to Android 6.x) and port it to that.

Also im are note sure how to compile those SO files on Android, so we can use 64bit and other CPU's. this is not to been talk in this thread at all of course.

But welcome back.

Cliff3D

Quote from: spacefractal on 2017-Mar-14
there was no glbasic v13.

I saw that and thought of hotels! (They often have no 13th floor due to superstition)

Quote from: spacefractal on 2017-Mar-14Also with v12, Gernot did released the source code, that possible for me to port it to iOS64 with some help. Also im should update SDK etc (to Android 6.x) and port it to that.

I have often thought that it would be most interesting to have GLBasic features (like the editor) written in GLBasic - because then any improvement could quickly be compiled on (and for) any supported platform.

Quote from: spacefractal on 2017-Mar-14Also im are note sure how to compile those SO files on Android, so we can use 64bit and other CPU's. this is not to been talk in this thread at all of course.

But welcome back.

Thanks for the welcome back - and don't worry about going slightly off topic for a thread - I am generally interested in all sorts of stuff, and it's better not to be too harsh on a little meandering.

Android is of particular interest to me, even though it looks like Google favours their Chrome OS going forward. Still it would be nice to be able to dev for Android phones and tablets.

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff3D

Quote from: spacefractal on 2017-Mar-13
Fake positive?

It's taken a little to-and-fro with Symantec, but they have confirmed it as a false positive (unless/until they are proven wrong) and will whitelist this copy of GLBasic in future. The update to make that happen isn't through yet, but should be within the next 24 hours.

Interestingly, they also provide a mechanism for a developer to get their own software whitelisted "in advance", if Gernot is interested.

Cheers,

Cliff3D

spacefractal

there is 100 wish of antivirus software out here. so property its can been impossible to submit to all, when that happens. Personally im do newer liked nortan, but its a personal choice of course :-).

Cliff3D

Quote from: spacefractal on 2017-Mar-16
Personally im do newer liked nortan, but its a personal choice of course :-).

This is one of the things that makes humans so wonderful - there is room for a myriad variety - none necessarily more "right" or "wrong" than others, just different. Splendid! :D

Cheers,

Cliff3D