JAVA ... v_v

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

I really do hate java. I have a 6-week course on it currently, so I have to dedicate my time to that mess of a programming language. I may not post much about GLB - so just a heads up! I'm not disappearing! :P

MrTAToad

Yes, it's a horrible, convoluted mess...

spacefractal

Java and C# is not that far from together in the end. I did some Java games in many many years ago (Space Taxi still my favorit and got released few month after official Space Taxi 2, but they are aware of my version and they liked it).

Java is much more object orintated than basic languages generally, which can really strugle your heads.

Howover I remember threads was pretty cool in Java and easy to deal with, but Sound is bad.

Its was great time, but I property today more would learn C# than Java today If I should choice (so long time ago is it).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Darmakwolf

Yeah. I think the main reason I loath it is because it's really not "native" on anything. It's all interpreted by a virtual machine, and it's slow as molasses running uphill compared to other languages. It just seems archaic to me in the same way flash does.

ByteByter

Quote...and it's slow as molasses running uphill compared to other languages.
Hey, it's much better than it used to be. I would describe it now more as a soapy water concoction, great for cleaning but hard to swallow.

backslider

Quote from: Darmakwolf on 2012-Jun-14
Yeah. I think the main reason I loath it is because it's really not "native" on anything. It's all interpreted by a virtual machine, and it's slow as molasses running uphill compared to other languages. It just seems archaic to me in the same way flash does.

Java is slow?  ;/
The only slow thing in Java is the GUI, but in .Net the GUI slows down the program, too!
Maybe you have more fun with java, when you use the http://jmonkeyengine.com/ :D