Does GLBasic support 64bit programming in Win/Linux/Mac?

Previous topic - Next topic

jennyweelim

Does GLBasic support  64bit  programming in Win/Linux/Mac? If not will it support it in the near future?

kanonet

According to the german helpfile GLB uses 32-bit integers and 64-bit floats.

EDIT: darn next time i better go to bed at this time... My answer was totally dumb.^^
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

fuzzy70

I may be wrong in saying this but if someone more knowledgeable could confirm or correct the following that would be great.

As far as I am aware the GCC compilers & libraries used to compile the final results are 32 bit. So 64bit versions of both would need to be created or used. The GPC pre-compiler just converts your GLBasic code into C++ code to be compiled by the above.

Again confirmation of this would be appreciated.

Lee

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Kitty Hello

I use a 32 bit GCC. I don't see any benefit from using a 64 bit compiler.

r0ber7

Quote from: fuzzy70 on 2012-Apr-17
I may be wrong in saying this but if someone more knowledgeable could confirm or correct the following that would be great.

As far as I am aware the GCC compilers & libraries used to compile the final results are 32 bit. So 64bit versions of both would need to be created or used. The GPC pre-compiler just converts your GLBasic code into C++ code to be compiled by the above.

I am currently in a situation where I would like to compile 64bit Windows executables. If I were to change the compilers to their 64bit versions, would I be able to compile for 64bit?

How would I adjust the compilers?

Kitty Hello

V16 includes an x64 Windows compiler.
For Mac and Linux I'm working on a cmake project.

mrplant

thats great news - so it will eventually compile native Mac apps?

what's the update on iPhone? any chance? Personally I'd love to ressurect my old code and commercial projects but at the moment there is no support for the iPhone as such..

spacefractal

iphone is out until we got a great html5/JavaScript. Apple have dropped OpenGL, hwoover OpenGl still working in the currents OS version (Greedy Mouse worked flawless on iOS13).

Im have no Mac anymore.....
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/